What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan and Europe this week? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Madden NFL 25 (Xbox 360)
2. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (PS3)
3. Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
4. NHL 14 (Xbox 360)
5. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
6. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
7. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Xbox 360)
8. Diablo III (PS3)
9. The Last of Us (PS3)
10. Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition with NFL Sunday Ticket (Xbox 360)
EA Sports has debuted Madden NFL 25 to 1 million sales in its first week on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 (down from 1.65 million last year in the same week). There was much rejoicing of American Football fans looking to get a $200 NFL Sunday Ticket for just $40 on top of the $60 game. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions will follow in November.
Check out the funny Madden 25 TV commercial.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Monster Hunter 4 (3DS)
2. JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle – Limited Edition (PS3)
3. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3)
4. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
5. Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Xbox 360)
6. L.A. Noir (PS3)
7. Friend Collection: New Life (3DS)
8. Uta no * Prince Sama: Music 2 – Limited Edition (PSP)
9. Catherine – Best of Selection (PS3)
10. The Last of Us (PS3)
Capcom made a wise move releasing Monster Hunter 4 on Nintendo 3DS on a weekend day, Saturday, otherwise too many Japanese workers would have probably called in sick… as is the case with Dragon Quest games. Although there’s no Japanese law that dictates this as some urban myths state, haha.
Here’s the epic Monster Hunter 4 TV commercial that’s airing in Japan.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (PS3)
2. Saints Row IV – Commander In Chief Edition (Xbox 360)
3. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Xbox 360)
4. Diablo III (Xbox 360)
5. Total War Rome II (PC)
6. Farming Simulator 2013 (Xbox 360)
7. Payday 2 (Xbox 360)
8. The Last Of Us (PS3)
9. Hitman Absolution (Xbox 360)
10. Killzone Mercenary (PS Vita)
Square Enix launched Disney’s Kingdom Hearts Final Mix in the west this week. Widely acclaimed as fantastic RPG’s, fans have long been clamoring for this re-release. The Remix includes the HD remakes of the Kingdom Hearts Final Mix & Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories games, as well as including all Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days story cinematics.
Here’s the Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix launch video.
To recap the top games per system:
- Madden NFL 25 stays high on the Xbox 360 chart.
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix debuts on the PS3 chart.
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn returns on top of the PC chart.
- Killzone Mercenary comes in at #1 on the PS Vita chart.
- Monster Hunter 4 debuts in Japan and ranks head-to-head with Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS chart globally.
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii jumps to 1st place on the Wii chart.
- Pokemon Black & White Version 2 get caught at #1 on the DS chart.
- New Super Luigi U stays in the Wii U chart.
- Lastly, The Sims 3: University Life is atop the Mac chart.