Our Tales of Xillia walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this RPG on the PS3.
Set in a world where humans and spirits share a symbiotic existence with each other, Tales of Xillia follows the adventures of two unlikely heroes in a land where two conflicting nations are heading to a clash. Building upon the signature real-time combat, epic storytelling, and strong character relationships from the series, Tales of Xillia immerses players into a sweeping role playing adventure beyond imagination.
Let’s start the Tales of Xillia walkthrough with a story introduction video!
Please note that viewers must be at least 10 to watch, so no harm comes to those with innocent eyes. This game includes Blood, Mild Language, Sexual Themes, Use of Alcohol, Violence.
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Fennmot, Laforte Research Center
- Part 2: Girl in Red Boss Fight, Lafort Research Center 2
- Part 3: Leaving Fennmot, Aladhi Seahaven, Aladhi Trail
- Part 4: Hamil, Galia Trail
- Part 5: Kijara Seafalls – Greater Demon Boss Fight
- Part 6: Nia Khera, Milla Shrine
- Part 7: Hamil 2nd Visit, Elize Joins
- Part 8: Sapstrath Highroad, Sapstrath Deepwood
- Part 9: Jiao Boss Fight, Sharliton
- Part 10: Sharilton, Culmar Trail
- Part 11: Nameless Anomaly Boss Fight, Sharilton
- Part 12: Talys Highroad, Fort Gandala
- Part 13: Ivar Boss Fight, Leronde
- Part 14: Voltea Woods, Felgana Mine, Hammerzamm Boss Fight
- Part 15: Lakutam Seahaven & Highroad, Brutaur Boss Fight
- Part 16: Xian Du, Arena Battles
- Part 17: Royal Hunting Grounds, Labari Hollow
- Part 18: Mon Highlands, Kanbalar
- Part 19: Meeting The King, Escaping Kanbalar
- Part 20: Pterobronc Boss Fight, Sharilton
- Part 21: Barnauer Highroad
- Part 22: Fenmont – Agria Boss Fight
- Part 23: Orda Palace – Nachtigal Boss Fight
- Part 24: Fezebel Marsh – Jiao, Wingul & Presa Boss Fights
- Part 25: Fezebel Marsh – Gaius Boss Fight
- Part 26: Tulea Tundra – Aquadragons Boss Fight
- Part 27: Xailan Wood Temple – The Plan
- Part 28: Kanbalar Rooftops – Taking The Ship
- Part 29: E.S.S. Zenethra
- Part 30: Gilland Boss Fight & Celsius Milla Death
Index of Tales of Xillia Guides:
- This Page: Tales of Xillia Walkthrough
- Next Page: Tales of Xillia Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Tales of Xillia Cheats
Tales of Xillia Walkthrough
Tales of Xillia follows Jude Mathis, a clever medical student attending school in the capital city, and Milla Maxwell, a mysterious woman accompanied by four unseen beings. Players will be able to choose either Milla or Jude at the outset of their adventure through the world of Rieze Maxia, where humans and spirits live together in harmony. The kingdom of Rashugal has been experimenting with a powerful device that has been draining the mana from the world. Realizing the harm it is inflicting on the world, Milla and Jude set off on a journey to destroy it and restore the mana back to the world. Over the course of the game their lives will intersect with a vast ensemble of characters that will teach them the strength of unwavering conviction.
Players will engage enemies with the critically acclaimed Linear Motion Battle System that the Tales of series is famous for. The system allows for Real-time movement and attacks, giving the player a more tactile role in the midst of fights. The battle system in Tales of Xillia has been upgraded to Double RAID Linear Motion Battle System to let two characters combine their attacks to utilize devastating dual-character attack, letting fans strategize the best party setup for their style of play.
Key Game Features:
- A new way of graphic expression — Achieved by the development team’s technique and knowledge accumulated over 15 years, the world and characters are portrayed in their natural, life-size state so that players can feel the characters and objects in the game as if they really exist there.
- “Dual Raid Linear Motion Battle System” — The latest version of the most dynamic battle system seen in JRPG gaming that allows players to have an advantage in the battle by using Linked Combat System to link two characters to team up in terms of attack, defense and support. Players can enjoy more tactical battles by changing the party members with backup members even during the battle.
- Deep and rich storyline described differently from two main characters’ point of view. — Jude Mathis, a medical student or Milla Maxwell, a mysterious woman accompanied by the Four Great Spirits. Pick from these two main characters and unfold the storyline from each point of view and experience exclusive events (such as the later bosses) that only appear when playing in Jude route or Milla route.
- Expansive Gameplay — New and traditional RPG elements expertly crafted and designed featuring dozens of locations to explore, fierce enemies, and adversaries to battle and secrets to uncover.
- Huge game content — In addition to the main storyline, explore the beautiful world of Rieze Maxia and take part in mini-quests, sub-plots to find unexpected aspects of the characters and many other features found throughout the world.
- First collaboration between the two prominent character designers — Beautiful anime-style character designs from Mutsumi Inomata and Kosuke Fujishima who have designed lots of characters for previous games in the Tales of series.
- Hyper linked combos — While characters are linked, their cooperative gauge called “Linked Artes Gauge” will fill up. Once the gauge is filled to some extent, characters can perform special attacks called “Linked Artes” that change variously depending on the Arte the controlled character uses. Once the gauge is full, the player can perform Linked Artes combos until the gauge becomes zero.
About the two main characters:
* Jude Mathis quote: “Everyone teases me for being a do-gooding honors student, and maybe they’re right. I just can’t let things like this go.”
– His bio: A young teen who has ventured away from his hometown to become a medical intern at the capital. For better or worse, he has a tendency to involve himself with other people’s problems. As a result, he gets wrapped up in an epic journey far beyond his control.
Generally, he is a quiet, book-smart individual that doesn’t like physical violence. However, he possesses highly competent melee fighting capabilities that greatly help his allies in combat.
He looks up to Milla for her strength and conviction. These are traits he feels he lacks, and so he travels with her to learn from her ways.
* Milla Maxwell quote: “Fretting over it won’t strengthen your resolve. Only willpower alone can do that.”
– Her bio: A mysterious woman who is accompanied by the Four Great Spirits of Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water. She is bound by her strong sense of responsibility and duty as Maxwell, the Lord of Spirits. She will stop at nothing to achieve her goals.
Though she is incredibly wise beyond her years, her lack of societal interaction has left her void of basic societal etiquette. Even the most trivial idiosyncrasies and customs of man are of great interest to her.
Through her travels with Jude, she slowly gains a greater understanding of humanity and their emotions.
Welcome to the Tales of Xillia walkthrough!
Tales of Xillia Walkthrough continues on Page 2 with Part 6.