What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan and Europe this week? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. The Last of Us (PS3)
2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Xbox 360)
3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
4. Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Brave New World – Expansion Pack (PC)
5. Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection 1987-2012 (PS3)
6. NCAA Football 14 (Xbox 360)
7. NCAA Football 14 (PS3)
8. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
9. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
10. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
Sony confirmed The Last of Us has sold 3.4 million copies worldwide… in its first 3 weeks on sale! Buyers are in for an emotional roller-coaster ride through a zombie-infested future!
Here’s The Last of Us live-action TV commercial.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Pikmin 3 (Wii U)
2. Earth Defense Force 4 (PS3)
3. Danganronpa: Academy of Hope and High School Students of Despair – Best of PSP Edition (PSP)
4. The Last of Us (PS3)
5. Friend Collection: New Life (3DS)
6. Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection 1987-2012 (PS3)
7. Yokai Watch (3DS)
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
9. New Super Luigi U (Wii U)
10. Toukiden (PS Vita)
Pikmin 3 launched on Wii U in Japan first this week, while Europe/Australia & America/Canada have to wait until July 26th & August 4th, respectively. After 7 years in development (jumping from Wii to Wii U) the real-time strategy series is back with added HD graphics and touch-screen controls!
Watch the adorable Pikmin 3 TV commercial starring Juri Ueno which is airing in Japan now.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. The Last Of Us (PS3)
2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
3. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Xbox 360)
4. Mario and Luigi: Dream Team Bros. (3DS)
5. The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC/Mac)
6. FIFA 13 (Xbox 360)
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
8. Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
9. Far Cry 3 (PS3)
10. Paper Mario Sticker Star (3DS)
Once again millions of 3DS gamers are flocking to a new virtual town populated with anthropomorphic animals to become mayor.
Check out the Animal Crossing: New Leaf TV commercial airing in the UK.
To recap the top games per system:
- The Last of Us stays at #1 on the PS3 charts and globally.
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition returns atop the Xbox 360 chart.
- The Animal Crossing: New Leaf is at numero uno on the 3DS chart.
- Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Brave New World debuts on the PC chart.
- Just Dance 4 returns to 1st place on the Wii chart.
- Pokemon Black & White Version 2 get caught at #1 on the DS chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. U jumps onto the Wii U chart.
- The Sims 3: Island Paradise appears on the Mac chart.
- Lastly, Lumines: Electronic Symphony makes music at #1 on the PS Vita chart.