Looking for Animal Crossing New Leaf cheats on 3DS? Here we’ll list Animal Crossing New Leaf cheat codes and unlockables with tips for Nintendo’s new virtual life simulation game.
Table of Contents
- Events Calendar
- Catching The Present Balloons Cheat
- Avoiding Bee Stings Cheat
- Fast Boat Travelling Cheat
- Post Office ATM Saving Rewards
- How To Unlock New Locations In Town
Index of Animal Crossing New Leaf Guides:
- This Page: Animal Crossing New Leaf Cheats
- Next Page: Animal Crossing New Leaf Walkthrough
- Next Page: Animal Crossing New Leaf Bug List
- Next Page: Animal Crossing New Leaf Fish List
- Next Page: Animal Crossing New Leaf Sea Creatures List
- Next Page: Animal Crossing New Leaf Fossil List
Animal Crossing New Leaf Cheats
Here’s a cheat sheet that shows all events for the coming year in your Animal Crossing town.
Your Birthday Date
• When the birthday you filled out in your Nintendo 3DS gaming system is coming up when you’re in your Animal Crossing down, you’ll get an invite to a party in the mail – be sure to buy something nice and wrap it up before the big day. And then when it’s your birthday, you can be sure that everyone in town will be there to wish you well!
• Saturday 15th: Bug-Off! (9am-6pm)
• Sunday 16th: Father’s Day
• Friday 21st: Summer Solstice
• Saturday 20th: Bug-Off! (9am-6pm)
• Sunday 4th / Sunday 11th / Sunday 18th / Sunday 25th: Fireworks Festival (7pm-12am)
• Saturday 17th: Bug-Off! (9am-6pm)
• Thursday 19th: Autumn Moon
• Saturday 21st: Bug-Off! (9am-6pm)
• Monday 1st to Sunday 7th: Prepare for Halloween!
• Saturday 13th: Fishing Tourney (9am-6pm)
• Wednesday 31st: Halloween (6pm-12am)
• Friday 1st to Saturday 30th: Mushroom Season
• Saturday 17th: Fishing Tourney (9am-6pm)
• Thursday 28nd: Harvest Festival
• Thursday 6th: Naughty-or-Nice Day
• Saturday 14th: Fishing Tourney (9am-6pm)
• Friday 21st: Winter Solstice
• Monday 24th: Toy Day (6pm-12am)
• Monday 31st: Countdown Event
• Tuesday 1st: New Year’s Day
• Saturday 18th: Fishing Tourney (9am-6pm)
• Saturday 8th: Fishing Tourney (9am-6pm)
• Friday 14th: Valentine’s Day
• Monday 3rd: Festivale!
• Saturday 15th: Fishing Tourney (9am-6pm)
• Monday 17th: Shamrock Day
• Sunday 30th: Mother’s Day
• Tuesday 1st: April Fool’s Day
• Saturday 12th: Fishing Tourney (9am-6pm)
• Sunday 20th: Bunny Day
• Saturday 26th: Weeding Day
• Saturday 17th: Fishing Tourney (9am-6pm)
Here are the developers at Nintendo talking about the global Calendar of Events:
No doubt you’ve seen floating present balloons appear as you walk outside in your town, six of these balloon with presents hanging under them will appear every hour at random sides of your town.
When do the present balloons appear: The balloon appearance is triggered whenever the current time ends with a four, so if you start playing at noon balloons will appear during that hour at: 12:04, 12:14, 12:24, 12:34, 12:44, 12:44, and 12:54.
How you can tell where they are at: If you hear the wind whistling through your town, that means there’s a balloon floating nearby.
How to catch the present balloons: It drove me crazy not knowing how to grab these flying presents at the start of the game.
* Catch it early in the game: How you do it is by walking to the coastal side of your town and waiting at the cliff for a balloon to float your way, either from at sea or from the town if you’ve been following it around. Right before it reaches the cliff you must hit it with your bug catching net and get the present! This works because the balloon will lower for a moment when it reaches the cliff.
* Catch it later in the game: Later on it’ll be much easier to catch the present balloons by shooting them down with a slingshot.
Bee stings are the worst, aren’t they?
Bee Avoiding Method #1: If a bee flies after you, try and catch it with your bug catching net.
Bee Avoiding Method #2: Alternatively, to get away from a bee do the natural thing… Run away like crazy! But that only works if you then hide in any building to avoid it.
Bee Avoiding Method #3:If a bee is about the sting you, as a last resort you can press the Start button on your 3DS and choose the “Save and Continue” option. Then when you go back to continue playing the game, the bee will be removed because of the area you’re in has been refreshed by the game. Just be more careful next time you’re around the beehive, because that will still be on the ground after saving.
Here’s how to fast forward your water travels.
You can skip the long boat ride to the tropical island (I think it’s called Tortimer Island) by pressing on the A button really rapidly.
Walk into the Post Office, and open up your Bank account via the ATM machine inside. Deposit enough Bells into your Bank account to get the following saving rewards mailed to you as gifts.
• ABD — Unlocked by getting a 100,000,000 Bells balance.
• Aluminum Briefcase — Unlocked by getting a 5,000,000 Bells balance.
• Box of Tissues — Unlocked by getting a 100,000 Bells balance.
• Letter Set — Unlocked by getting a 500,000 Bells balance.
• Mailman’s Hat — Unlocked by getting a 50,000,000 Bells balance.
• Piggy Bank — Unlocked by getting a 1,000,000 Bells balance.
• Post Office Poster — Unlocked by getting a 10,000,000 Bells balance.
• Safe — Unlocked by getting a 20,000,000 Bells balance.
• Club LOL — Unlocked by having a Nookling Junction upgrade for the first time. Give Dr. Shrunk permission when he visits your house, and obtain signatures from other villagers.
• Dream Suite — Unlocked by visiting Isabelle. The Dream Suite will be added to the public works list for building 7 days after your game started.
• Fortune Teller Shop — Unlocked by having your fortune read (which happens whenever Katrina visits your town) 20 times. Then speak to her and the shop will be added to the works list.
• Garden Center — Unlocked by pulling 30 weeds, planting 30 flowers or trees, OR watering 30 plants.
• Kicks — Unlocked by spending at least 8,000 Bells in the Able Sisters’ shop.
• Museum Shop — Unlocked by donating at least 20 items (of any category) to the museum, and talk to Blathers daily; Eventually the shop will become a works project to build at a price of 298,000 Bells.
• Reset Center — Unlocked by turning off your 3DS without saving, and when you start up your town, Mr. Resetti will say that the Reset Center closed, then its a works project.
• Shampoodle — Unlocked by spending at least 10,000 Bells at Able Sisters’ or Kicks. It must be at least 10 days since Kicks was built.
• The Tropical Island Resort — Unlocked by starting up the game after finishing your upgrade to a house, which happens after you pay off your 39,800 Bells loan. Tortimer will greet you at the start up; meet him at the docks. You can go one day later.
• The Roost Cafe — Unlocked by donating 50 items to the Museum, after having the Museum Shop already unlocked. Talk to Blathers 7 days after the Museum Shop’s opening. – Thanks for the tips Sonicfan96!
• The Happy Home Academy — Unlocked after you have paid off your first loan to Tom Nook, then talk to Nook and leave. Then come back in and you will meet Lyle. – Thanks for the tip Hannah!
Additionally, the handy Animal Crossing New Leaf guides listed above to help you with tips and tricks for the game!
Do you know of any Animal Crossing New Leaf cheats or unlockables?
Let us know in the comments, you’ll get credit for finding out. – Thanks for visiting!