What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
2. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
3. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
4. Sleeping Dogs (PC)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
6. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
7. Tomb Raider (PS3)
8. BioShock Infinite (Xbox 360)
9. The Sims 3 University Life (PC/Mac)
10. Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3)
Activision’s 100-million-selling blockbuster Call of Duty series stays high on the charts worldwide with Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC & Wii U. It’s one of the biggest entertainment launches of 2012, selling over 10 million copies in the USA alone in 2012. In 2013 new DLC continues to add new players, and the game is expected to surpass 25 million sold this year.
Take a look at the funny Call of Duty: Black Ops II Uprising DLC trailer.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Friend Collection: New Life (3DS)
2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
3. Luigi’s Mansion 2 (3DS)
4. Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)
5. Tomb Raider (PS3)
6. Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden (3DS)
7. All Star Uta No: Prince-sama – Limited Edition (PSP)
8. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
9. All Star Uta No: Prince-sama (PSP)
10. Professor Layton VS. Ace Attorney (3DS)
Sad fact of life is that some awesome games never make it out of Japan. *fingers crossed for a Nintendo Direct live stream announcement leading up to the E3 show in June*
Tomodachi Collection (translation: Friends Collection) on DS was one of those fun-looking games from Nintendo that mixes The Sims and Animal Crossing life simulation gameplay, and adds in the Mii’s of you and your friends.
No doubt hoping to exceed its predecessor’s 3.2 million sales! The 3DS sequel, Friend Collection: New Life, debuted in Japan last month with plenty of new features added like Baby Mii’s… yes it’s a VERY cutesy game.
Here’s one of the Friend Collection: New Life TV commercials that are airing in Japan.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Luigi’s Mansion 2: Dark Moon (3DS)
2. Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS)
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
4. BioShock Infinite (Xbox 360)
5. Dead Island Riptide (Xbox 360)
6. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
7. God of War Ascension (PS3)
8. FIFA 13 (Xbox 360)
9. Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
10. Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon is still on top! It’s the 12-years-awaited 3DS sequel to the GameCube launch game. Nintendo 3DS handheld sales have long since launch come out of their first-year-slump, and the portable game is outselling even console games this week. Laura gave it a fantastic 9/10 score in our Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon review.
Take a look at the ghostly Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon TV commercial.
To recap the top games per system:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II returns atop the Xbox 360 & PS3 charts!
- Luigi’s Mansion 2: Dark Moon jumps to numero uno on the 3DS chart.
- Sleeping Dogs returns on first place on the PC chart.
- Just Dance 4 rocks the 1st place on the Wii chart.
- The Sims 3 University Life returns on first place on the Mac chart.
- Pokemon Black & White Version 2 get caught at #1 on the DS chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. U stays on the Wii U chart.
- Lastly, Soul Sacrifice remains #1 on the PS Vita chart.
Note: What the heck are Sony doing with the PS Vita; and Nintendo doing with the Wii U? Both systems should get a few must-have game per month, yet there’s next to no quality new retail software coming out for half a year straight now. Hopefully E3 in June will see both companies liven up the lineup for the rest of 2013.
PS: Since last month PS2 & PSP game sales are no longer being tracked. But for years now 90% of the time they consisted out of all the Kingdom Hearts games appearing on the #1 spot on both classic PlayStation platforms, so it’s not like you’re missing out with no new games being released for them anymore.