Welcome to the God of War Ascension Artifacts locations guide that helps you find the total of 10 Artifacts locations for the PS3 hack ‘n slash action-adventure game.
Finding all 10 Artifact locations and pick them up will help unlock the following:
• Trophy: “No Drake. You can’t have these.” (Gold Trophy) — Collect all Artifacts in the game.
• Bonus: After you finish the game, you can use these Artifacts. They unlock special cheats such as Infinite Magic. We’ve listed all in-game effects below.
The Timeline for all these in-game Artifacts locations is listed below.
Index of God of War Ascension Guides:
- This Page: God of War Ascension Artifacts Locations Guide
- Next Page: God of War Ascension Trophy Guide
- Next Page: God of War Ascension World Weapons Locations Guide
- Next Page: God of War Ascension Gorgon Eyes Locations Guide
- Next Page: God of War Ascension Phoenix Feathers Locations Guide
- Next Page: God of War Ascension Decayed Chests Locations Guide
- Next Page: God of War Ascension Walkthrough
- Next Page: God of War Ascension Cheats
- Next Page: God of War Ascension Costumes
- Next Page: God of War Ascension Glitches
- Next Page: God of War Ascension Easter Eggs
God of War Ascension Artifacts
How to find missing Artifacts?: In-game the Artifacts will appear simply as small, white glowing spots on the ground. You can pick up these Artifacts to collect them when you stand next to them. It can be confirmed as being Artifacts simply by walking up to it, as the on-screen text will then show a yellow “R1 button press icon” atop it, at which point you can press the R1 action button to pick up the Artifacts.
You can also get the Artifacts via Chapter Select.
Does the game save each Artifacts you collect?: Yes, the game will automatically save the Artifacts you just collected if you picked up the Artifact, so you don’t have to play to the end of the chapter or even the next checkpoint. After picking up each collectible you can safely quit the chapter without losing collectibles progress.
What does each Artifact cheat activate?: Artifact will activate special cheats after you’ve finished the game. When you start a New Game+ — which also unlocks after finishing the game — you can turn on the Artifacts you’ve collected to give you special abilities.
The Artifact give you the following cheats:
1. The Prisoner’s Oath Stone Artifact cheat enables: Infinite Rage
2. The Circe’s Vial Artifact cheat enables: x3 Combo Time Multiplier
3. The Oracle Seeker’s Offering Artifact cheat enables: x10 Red Ord Collection Multiplier
4. The Aletheia’s Charm Artifact cheat enables: 1/3rd Damage Taken
5. The Boat Captain’s Idol Artifact cheat enables: Infinite Magic
6. The Orko’s Cloak Artifact cheat enables: Health Regenerates
7. The Stonemason’s Chisel Artifact cheat enables: Cool-down Reduction
8. The Archimedes’ Treatise Artifact cheat enables: Instant Completion of QTE Events
9. The Statue Worker’s Idol Artifact cheat enables: Stun Time Increased
10. The Antikythera Mechanism Artifact cheat enables: Constant Health Drain (this literally sucks)
Where to find all Artifacts in God of War Ascension? The in-game collectibles locations for the Artifacts are described in this detailed video guide.
The Artifacts are listed in the video in the order that they appear.
Timeline in minutes for the Artifacts Locations Guide:
Chapter 2 – The Sewers:
• Artifact Location #1 – Prisoner’s Oath Stone – 0:05
Description: A glowing, amber stone representing a prrisoner’s sworn oath, witnessed and enforced by the furies. Beat the game to use these items.
Chapter 5 – The Village of Kirra:
• Artifact Location #2 – Circe’s Vial – 0:36
Description: A vial of deadly poison used to threaten the town of Kirra’s water supply.
Chapter 9 – Ice Caverns:
• Artifact Location #3 – Oracle Seeker’s Offering – 1:01
Description: A heavy payment demanded by the Oracle’s new steward, the prophet Castor.
Chapter 11 – Delphi Catacombs:
• Artifact Location #4 – Aletheia’s Charm – 1:50
Description: A necklace glowing with the powers of prophecy, passed down to each Oracle of Delphi.
Chapter 15 – The Grotto:
• Artifact Location #5 – Boat Captain’s Idol – 2:09
Description: A carved image of Poseidon meant to offer protection at sea.
Chapter 16 – Prison of the Damned:
• Artifact Location #6 – Orko’s Cloak – 2:50
Description: Worn by Orkos while he was tortured and imprisoned for going against his mother with the Oracle Aletheia.
Chapter 21 – The Forearm of Apollo:
• Artifact Location #7 – Stonemason’s Chisel – 3:20
Description: Bestowed by Archimedes, the inscription reads: “Give me a place to stand on and I will move the Earth.”
Chapter 23 – The Furnace:
• Artifact Location #8 – Archimedes’ Treatise – 3:42
Description: A collection of Archimedes’ theorems on mathematics and engineering.
Chapter 25 – The Furnace (Part 2):
• Artifact Location #9 – Statue Worker’s Idol – 4:06
Description: A carved image of Apollo meant to offer protection while at work on Archimedes’ great statue.
Chapter 28 – The Trial of Archedemes:
• Artifact Location #10 – Antikythera Mechanism – 4:32
Description: A gear mechanism used by Archimedes to track the heavens.
There you go! All Artifacts in God of War Ascension are yours! 🙂
Huge thanks to Powerpyx for the guide video and tips.
Please comment if you have any additional God of War Ascension Artifacts location tips of your own, we’ll give you credit for it. – Thanks for visiting!