What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
2. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
3. Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
4. Dead Space 3 (Xbox 360)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
7. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
8. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)
9. Dead Space 3 (PS3)
10. Assassin’s Creed III (Xbox 360)
Microsoft’s 46-million-selling blockbuster Halo series stays high on the charts worldwide with Halo 4 on Xbox 360. No doubt helped by each Monday’s release of a new and free Spartan Ops DLC episode to keep fans playing.
Take a look at the official Halo 4 live-action “Scanned” launch trailer produced by David Fincher.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden (3DS)
2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
3. Taiko Drum Master Wii: Do Don and the Second Generation! – Super Deluxe Edition including Drum (Wii)
4. Dead Space 3 – Import Version: North America (PS3)
5. Amnesia – Limited Edition (PSP)
6. Fantasy Life (3DS)
7. Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (3DS)
8. Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G (3DS)
9. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
10. Demon Gaze (PS Vita)
Square Enix has released the Dragon Quest VII 3D remake with the subtitle “Warriors of Eden” in Japan this week. The biggest change aside from the new 3D graphics, is the random encounters being replaced with visible enemy encounters. Oh and you can exchange art via StreetPass. The meat of the game is of course that it can take 100′s of hours to complete!
No Western release announcement has been made, but the previous two games got English translations on DS, so fingers crossed.
Here are the live-action Japanese Dragon Quest VII TV commercials* in one long-form clip.
* The commercials are titled: “Town Square,” “The Mysterious Stone,” and “The Adventure Begins.” The cosplays you see are Prince Kiefer and Wolf boy Gabo, as they try to shake off the redhead dancer Aira.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Dead Space 3 (Xbox 360)
2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
3. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
4. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
5. FIFA 13 (PS3)
6. Dead Space 3 (PS3)
7. Football Manager 2013 (PC/Mac)
8. Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
10. FIFA 13 (Xbox 360)
EA’s 6.7-million-selling survival-horror Dead Space series debuts high on the charts with Dead Space 3 on Windows PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. The demo was downloaded 2 million times, so it’s safe to say the newest game is set to scare millions of gamers in dark household rooms the world over!
Take a look at the Dead Space 3 launch trailer set to Phil Collins’ “In The Air Tonight” music (cover).
To recap the top games per system:
- Halo 4 becomes top dog on the Xbox 360 chart.
- Just Dance 4 dances to 1st place on the Wii chart.
- Fire Emblem: Awakening jumps on the 3DS chart at numero uno.
- Dead Space 3 & Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch tie at #1 on the PS3 chart.
- New Super Mario Bros reappears as #1 on the DS chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. U remains a bestseller on the Wii U chart.
- Tera Online goes free and takes first place on the PC chart.
- The Sims 3: Pets takes first place on the Mac chart.
- The Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified bundle is 1st on the PS Vita chart.
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep is still on the PSP chart.
- Lastly, Kingdom Hearts stays popular after 11 years in the PS2 chart’s Top 100!