What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
4. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
5. Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360)
6. FIFA Soccer 13 (PS3)
7. Madden NFL 13 (Xbox 360)
8. NBA 2K13 (Xbox 360)
9. Borderlands 2 (PS3)
10. FIFA Soccer 13 (Xbox 360)
Here’s comedian Conan O’Brien and US Olympic gold medalist Alex Morgan playing Just Dance 4! 😆
Ubisoft’s 25-million-selling blockbuster Just Dance series stays high on the charts this week with Just Dance 4 on Wii, Xbox 360 Kinect, and PlayStation 3 Move, and Wii U. Last year’s Just Dance 3 sold over 7 million copies, so it’s safe to say the new dancing game is set to entertain millions more into 2013!
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
2. DmC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
3. Digimon Adventure (PSP)
4. Amnesia – Limited Edition (PSP)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Dubbed Version (PS3)
6. Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G (3DS)
7. Fantasy Life (3DS)
8. Yakuza 5: Person Who Fulfills Dreams (PS3)
9. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
10. Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (3DS)
After two months Nintendo of Japan has sold almost 2.2 million copies (2.186.309 according to Famitsu), making it the first 3DS game sell over 2 million this fast!
Here are the relaxing new Japanese Animal Crossing: New Leaf TV commercials.
The Nintendo 3DS-exclusive life-simulation game “Animal Crossing: New Leaf” is titled “Animal Forest: Jump Out” in Japan.It’s developed by the same creators as the previous DS & Wii versions. Making full use of the 3DS’ abilities, the game features much more customization around town on: your house’s walls & furniture, other people’s houses if you become town mayor, and even down to your character’s shirt, hat & accessories can all be changed at will. Oh and you can now swim in the ocean too!
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. FIFA 13 (Xbox 360)
2. Football Manager 2013 (PC/Mac)
3. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
4. FIFA 13 (PS3)
5. Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
6. Far Cry 3 (PS3)
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
8. The Sims 3 Seasons Expansion Pack (PC/Mac)
9. Hitman Absolution (PS3)
10. DmC (Xbox 360)
Another year, another FIFA video game from EA Canada! Once again featuring gameplay improvements, FIFA 13 adds support for the PlayStation Move and Kinect controllers. Try cursing if you disagree with the ref and see how he likes it haha! I think you get a red card. 😉
Here’s the full FIFA 13 TV commercial starring Lionel Messi, Karim Benzema, Joe Hart, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and more.
To recap the top games per system:
- Just Dance 4 dances to 1st place on the Wii chart.
- FIFA 13 becomes #1 on the Xbox 360 chart.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II is now #1 on the PS3 chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 jumps on the 3DS chart at numero uno.
- Pokemon Black & White Version 2 catch a shiny #1 on the DS chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. U is selling at a good attach rate for the new Wii U console.
- The Sims 3 Seasons takes first place on the PC & Mac charts.
- The Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified bundle is 1st on the PS Vita chart.
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted is still on the PSP chart.
- And lastly, Kingdom Hearts stays popular after 10 years in the PS2 chart’s Top 100!