What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
This week the bestsellers order is once again mixed up by Amazon Year-End Deals putting popular games on 25% to 50% discounts. 😀
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
2. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
5. FIFA Soccer 13 (PS3)
6. Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 (Xbox 360 Kinect)
7. Just Dance 4 (Xbox 360 Kinect)
8. Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
9. Assassin’s Creed III (Xbox 360)
10. Madden NFL 13 (Xbox 360)
Here’s comedian Conan O’Brien and US Olympic gold medalist Alex Morgan playing Just Dance 4! 😆
Ubisoft’s 25-million-selling blockbuster Just Dance series stays high on the charts this week with Just Dance 4 on Wii, Xbox 360 Kinect, and PlayStation 3 Move, and Wii U. Last year’s Just Dance 3 sold over 7 million copies, so it’s safe to say the new dancing game is set to entertain millions more into 2013!
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
2. Yakuza 5: Person Who Fulfills Dreams (PS3)
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Dubbed Version (PS3)
4. Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G (3DS)
5. Amnesia – Limited Edition (PSP)
6. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
7. Fantasy Life (3DS)
8. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (3DS)
9. Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (3DS)
10. New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)
After two months Nintendo of Japan has sold well over 2.1 million copies, making it the first 3DS game to do so!
Here are the relaxing new Japanese Animal Crossing: New Leaf TV commercials.
The Nintendo 3DS-exclusive life-simulation game “Animal Crossing: New Leaf” is titled “Animal Forest: Jump Out” in Japan.It’s developed by the same creators as the previous DS & Wii versions. Making full use of the 3DS’ abilities, the game features much more customization around town on: your house’s walls & furniture, other people’s houses if you become town mayor, and even down to your character’s shirt, hat & accessories can all be changed at will. Oh and you can now swim in the ocean too!
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
2. FIFA 13 (Xbox 360)
3. Far Cry 3 (PS3)
4. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
5. FIFA 13 (PS3)
6. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
7. Football Manager 2013 (PC)
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
9. Hitman Absolution (Xbox 360)
10. Need for Speed Most Wanted (PS3)
Take a look at the official Far Cry 3 TV commercial.
Ubisoft’s previous title in the long-running Far Cry series, Far Cry 2, nearly hit 3 million sales. So the company beefed up the sequel’s story and open world gameplay, hoping to outdo themselves with Far Cry 3. It certainly seems to be catching on in Europe after a 1/3rd price cut in the New Year.
To recap the top games per system:
- Just Dance 4 dances to 1st place on the Wii chart.
- Halo 4 becomes #1 on the Xbox 360 chart.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II is now #1 on the PS3 chart.
- The Walking Dead: The Game takes first place on the PC & Mac charts.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 jumps on the 3DS chart at numero uno.
- Pokemon Black & White Version 2 catch a shiny #1 on the DS chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. U is selling at a good attach rate for the new Wii U console.
- The Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified bundle is 1st on the PS Vita chart.
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted is still on the PSP chart.
- And lastly, Kingdom Hearts stays popular after 10 years in the PS2 chart’s Top 100!