What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
This week the bestsellers order is mixed up by the Amazon.com Year-End Deals putting popular games on 33% to 50% discounts after New Year’s. 😀
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
3. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
4. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
5. Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition (PC)
6. Battlefield 3: Premium Edition (PC)
7. Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 (Xbox 360 Kinect)
8. WWE ’13 (PS3)
9. Assassin’s Creed III (Xbox 360)
10. Dance Central 3 (Xbox 360 Kinect)
Activision’s 100-million-selling blockbuster Call of Duty series debuts high on the charts worldwide with Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It’s one of the biggest entertainment launches of the year, selling over 7.5 million copies in the USA alone in its first two weeks on sale.
Take a look at the official Call of Duty: Black Ops II Zombies reveal trailer.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
2. Yakuza 5: Person Who Fulfills Dreams (PS3)
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Dubbed Version (PS3)
4. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
5. New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)
6. Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)
7. Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G (3DS)
8. Nintendo Land (Wii U)
9. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
10. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (3DS)
After two months Nintendo has sold well over 2 million copies, making it the first 3DS game to do so!
The Nintendo 3DS-exclusive life-simulation game “Animal Crossing: New Leaf” is titled “Animal Forest: Jump Out” in Japan.It’s developed by the same creators as the previous DS & Wii versions. Making full use of the 3DS’ abilities, the game features much more customization around town on: your house’s walls & furniture, other people’s houses if you become town mayor, and even down to your character’s shirt, hat & accessories can all be changed at will. Oh and you can now swim in the ocean too!
Here are the relaxing new Japanese Animal Crossing: New Leaf TV commercials.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
2. Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
3. FIFA 13 (PS3)
4. FIFA 13 (Xbox 360)
5. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
6. Far Cry 3 (PS3)
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
8. Hitman Absolution (Xbox 360)
9. Hitman Absolution (PS3)
10. Assassin’s Creed 3 (Xbox 360)
Ubisoft’s 25-million-selling blockbuster Just Dance series stays high on the charts with Just Dance 4 on Wii, Xbox 360 Kinect, and PlayStation 3 Move, with a Wii U version just released. Last year’s Just Dance 3 sold over 7 million copies, so it’s still safe to say the new dancing game is set to entertain millions more!
Take a look at the official Just Dance 4 TV commercial.
To recap the top games per system:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II stays #1 on the Xbox 360 chart.
- Just Dance 4 dances to 1st place on the Wii chart.
- FIFA 13 is #1 on the PS3 chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 jumps on the 3DS chart at numero uno.
- The Sims 3 Seasons keeps first place on the PC & Mac charts.
- Pokemon Black & White Version 2 catch a shiny #1 on the DS chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. U is selling at a good attach rate for the new Wii U console.
- The Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified bundle is 1st on the PS Vita chart.
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted is still on the PSP chart.
- And lastly, Kingdom Hearts stays popular after 10 years in the PS2 chart’s Top 100!