What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
This week the bestsellers order is mixed up by the Amazon.com Year-End Deals putting popular games on 33% to 50% discounts after Christmas Day.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
3. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
4. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
5. Scribblenauts Unlimited (PC)
6. Assassin’s Creed III (Xbox 360)
7. Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
8. Assassin’s Creed III (PS3)
9. Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition (PC)
10. Battlefield 3: Premium Edition (PC)
Activision’s 100-million-selling blockbuster Call of Duty series debuts high on the charts worldwide with Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It’s one of the biggest entertainment launches of the year, selling over 7.5 million copies in the USA alone in its first two weeks on sale.
Take a look at the official Call of Duty: Black Ops II live-action “Surprise” launch trailer directed by Guy Ritchie.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
2. Yakuza 5: Person Who Fulfills Dreams (PS3)
3. New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)
4. Nintendo Land (Wii U)
5. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
6. Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2 – Limited Edition (PS3)
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Dubbed Version (PS3)
8. Fantasy Life (3DS)
9. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (3DS)
10. Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G (3DS)
After almost two months Nintendo has sold over 2 million copies, making it the first 3DS game to do so!
The Nintendo 3DS-exclusive life-simulation game “Animal Crossing: New Leaf” is titled “Animal Forest: Jump Out” in Japan.It’s developed by the same creators as the previous DS & Wii versions. Making full use of the 3DS’ abilities, the game features much more customization around town on: your house’s walls & furniture, other people’s houses if you become town mayor, and even down to your character’s shirt, hat & accessories can all be changed at will. Oh and you can now swim in the ocean too!
Here are the relaxing new Japanese Animal Crossing: New Leaf TV commercials.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Hitman: Absolution (PS3)
2. Hitman: Absolution (Xbox 360)
3. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
4. Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
5. Far Cry 3 (PS3)
6. FIFA 13 (Xbox 360)
7. FIFA 13 (PS3)
8. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
10. Assassin’s Creed 3 (Xbox 360)
Square Enix now owns the Hitman brand, no doubt leading developer IO Interactive to try and perfect the murder-sim’s structure – at the price of sandbox gameplay – by adding fresh ideas that players seem to be responding well to.
Take a look at the official Hitman: Absolution TV commercial set to the song “Video Games” by Lana Del Ray.
To recap the top games per system:
- Hitman: Absolution is #1 on the PS3 chart.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II returns to #1 on the Xbox 360 chart.
- Just Dance 4 dances to 1st place on the Wii chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 jumps on the 3DS chart at numero uno.
- The Sims 3 Seasons keeps first place on the PC & Mac charts.
- Pokemon Black & White Version 2 catch a shiny #1 on the DS chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. U is selling at a good attach rate for the new Wii U console.
- The Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified bundle’s 1st on the PS Vita chart.
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted is still on the PSP chart.
- And lastly, Kingdom Hearts stays popular after 10 years in the PS2 chart’s Top 100!