Want to know all Far Cry 3 Skill Trees? You’ve come to the right place for a guide!
Ubisoft have released the Far Cry 3 Skill Tree video and complete skills list.
Index of Far Cry 3 Guides:
- This Page: Far Cry 3 Skill Trees Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Weapons Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Rare Animals Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Path of the Hunter Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Letters of the Lost Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Memory Cards Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Lost Hollywood Star Location Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Relics Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Outposts Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Radio Towers Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Achievements & Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Co-Op Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Monkey Business Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 The Lost Expeditions Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Testing Unit Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Loot Chests Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Cheats
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Glitches
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Easter Eggs
Far Cry 3 Skill Trees
To quote Far Cry 3’s lead game designer Jamie Keen about how the different skill trees manifest themselves in-game:
“The tattoo is about Jason becoming one with the Rakyat, following the path of the warrior and getting closer to the rebels in the world. Every time you get a new skill, you’re going to have a corresponding tattoo appear on your arm – it’s going to depend on the route that you have taken.”
In the below Far Cry 3 Skill Tree guide, Ubisoft’s Dan Hay explains how they tie into how you play the game.
Next, a video guide shows you through the different skill trees and classes.
The Heron skill tree guide
The Heron = Long-range Takedowns & Mobility.
• Cook Grenades: Allows you to hold the grenade button to cook a grenade.
• Hip Shooter: Gives you better hip-fire accuracy with SMGs, pistols and shotguns.
• Syringe Potency: The effects from Syringes that you create will last 25% longer.
• Aimed Reload: Allows you to reload any pistol or sniper rifle while aiming.
• Death from Above: Press a button to kill an enemy directly below you with x5 experience per kill
• Death from Below: Press the Right Stick kill an enemy on a climbable ledge with x5 experience per kill.
• Enhanced Syringe Potency: Effects from crafted syringes will last 50% longer.
• Deep Breath: Stay underwater longer.
• Steady Aim: Pressing a button while looking through a scope will keep the weapon steady twice as long.
• Long Gun Expert: You have better accuracy while firing from the hip with assault rifles, sniper rifles, and LMGs.
• Line Gunner: Allows you to shoot certain weapons while on the zipline.
• Soft Landing: Fall damage is lessened by 25%.
• Cool Gunner: 10 Mounted Gun Kills; Mounted guns fire longer before overheating.
• Breath Control: You can steady an aimed gun 4 times longer.
• Marathon Man: Collect 5 Relics; You can sprint faster.
• Dual Death From Above: 1 Death from Above Takedown; You can now jump down and kill 2 enemies for x7.5 XP per kill.
• Dual Death From Below: 1 Death from Below Takedown; You can now kill 2 enemies above you for x7.5 XP per kill.
• Gunslinger Takedown: 10 Handgun Kills; Allows to take an enemy’s pistol and kill others with it.
The Spider skill tree guide
The Spider = Stealth Takedowns & Survival.
• Sprint Slide: While sprinting, you can press a button that will cause you to go into a slide.
• Jungle Run: You can move quicker while crouched.
• Takedown Drag: Allows you to drag and hide bodies after performing a normal takedown.
• Running Reload: Lets you reload your weapong while sprinting.
• Expert Archery: Their is less movement when you are zoomed in with the bow.
• Expert Swimmer: Move 25% quicker in water when you hit a button.
• Horticulture 101: Obtain 2 times more items from plants then you normally would.
• Dealmaker: Complete 3 Wanted Dead Quests; Get 25% more money when selling your loot items.
• Penny Pincher: Find more money on dead bodies.
• Stone Wall: Less chance of being knocked over by enemies and take less damage from animals.
• Zoology 101: Get twice as many items from dead animals.
• Loot Takedown: After any takedown, automatically loot the body.
• Knife Throw Takedown: Perform a takedown, and throw the victim’s knife at another enemy.
• Ninja Step: 2 Outposts Liberated without being detected; Lowers the amount of noise you make while walking and sprinting.
• Combat Archery: Drawing and firing arrows is done 50% faster.
• Nimble Fingers: Reload pistols, SMGs and shotguns 25% quicker.
• Quick Swap: Bringing up iron sights and switching weapons is faster.
• Nimble Hands: Reload assault rifles, sniper rifles and LMGs 25% quicker.
The Shark skill tree guide
The Shark = Assault Takedowns & Healing.
• Takedown: This skills give you the ability to quietly kill an enemy from behind, giving you triple experience.
• Adrenaline: Health bars that aren’t empty refill 50% faster.
• Improved First Aid: Allows you to heal yourself without medicine.
• Advanced Conditioning: Gain another health slot.
• Field medic: Medical Syringes restore 4 health slots.
• Field Surgeon: Medical Syringes restore 6 health slots.
• Chained Takedown: String together up to 10 takedowns, giving you 10 times more experience per kill.
• Ironsides: Reduce damage taken from explosions by 50%.
• Fire Retardant: Damage taken from fire is cut in half.
• Evasive Driving: Commandeered vehicles take half as much damage.
• Heavy Beatdown: Kill one Bull Shark; Special Heavy attack; 5 times more XP per kill.
• Grenade Takedown: 5 kills with grenades; Activate an enemy’s grenade before pushing him away; x5 XP per kill.