What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
3. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
5. Assassin’s Creed III (Xbox 360)
6. Just Dance 4 (Xbox 360 Kinect)
7. Madden NFL 13 (Xbox 360)
8. Just Dance: Disney Party (Wii)
9. Assassin’s Creed III (PS3)
10. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
Ubisoft’s 25-million-selling blockbuster Just Dance series stays high on the charts with Just Dance 4 on Wii, Xbox 360 Kinect, and PlayStation 3 Move, with a Wii U version just released. Last year’s Just Dance 3 sold over 7 million copies, so it’s still safe to say the new dancing game is set to entertain millions more!
Take a look at the official Just Dance 4 TV commercial.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
2. New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)
3. Yakuza 5: Person Who Fulfills Dreams (PS3)
4. Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)
5. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
6. Nintendo Land (Wii U)
7. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth (3DS)
8. Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (3DS)
9. Taiko Drum Master Wii: Do Don and the Second Generation! – Super Deluxe Edition including Drum (Wii)
10. Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G: HD Version (Wii U)
In its first month Nintendo sold over 1.2 million copies (1,212,312 according to Famitsu) of the Nintendo 3DS-exclusive life-simulation game “Animal Crossing: New Leaf” in Japan, where it’s titled “Animal Forest: Jump Out”. It’s developed by the same creators as the previous DS & Wii versions. Making full use of the 3DS’ abilities, the game features much more customization around town on: your house’s walls & furniture, other people’s houses if you become town mayor, and even down to your character’s shirt, hat & accessories can all be changed at will. Oh and you can now swim in the ocean too!
Here are the relaxing new Japanese Animal Crossing: New Leaf TV commercials.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
2. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
4. Assassin’s Creed 3 (Xbox 360)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
6. Assassin’s Creed 3 (PS3)
7. Far Cry 3 – The Lost Expeditions Edition (Xbox 360)
8. FIFA 13 (Xbox 360)
9. FIFA 13 (PS3)
10. Hitman Absolution (Xbox 360)
Microsoft’s 46-million-selling blockbuster Halo series stays high on the charts worldwide with Halo 4 on Xbox 360.
Take a look at the official Halo 4 live-action “Scanned” launch trailer produced by David Fincher.
To recap the top games per system:
- Just Dance 4 dances to 1st place on the Wii chart.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II is #1 on the Xbox 360 & PS3 charts.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 jumps on the 3DS chart at numero uno.
- Pokemon Black & White Version 2 catch a shiny #1 on the DS chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. U is selling at a good attach rate for the new Wii U console.
- The Sims 3 Seasons keeps first place on the PC & Mac charts.
- The Assassin’s Creed III Liberation bundle’s 1st on the PS Vita chart.
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted is still on the PSP chart.
- And lastly, Kingdom Hearts stays popular after 10 years in the PS2 chart’s Top 100!