Welcome to the Far Cry 3 Outposts locations guide to find the total of 34 Outposts AKA Safe Houses in the PC, Xbox 360 & PS3 open world first-person shooter game.
Finding 34 Outposts locations unlocks the following achievement/trophy:
* “Unheard” (20 Gamerscore / Bronze Trophy) — Liberate an outpost without triggering an alarm.
* “Rebel With a Cause” (10 Gamerscore / Bronze Trophy) — Liberate 3 outposts.
* “Island Liberator” (40 Gamerscore / Silver Trophy) — Liberate all outposts.
The in-game & map locations where the Outposts are found is shown in the guide below.
Index of Far Cry 3 Guides:
- This Page: Far Cry 3 Outposts Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Radio Towers Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Weapons Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Rare Animals Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Path of the Hunter Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Letters of the Lost Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Memory Cards Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Lost Hollywood Star Location Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Relics Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Achievements & Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Co-Op Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Monkey Business Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 The Lost Expeditions Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Testing Unit Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Loot Chests Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Skill Trees Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Cheats
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Glitches
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Easter Eggs
Far Cry 3 Outposts Locations Guide
New quests and activities are unlocked by liberating outposts.
Outposts are restricted areas. Privateer soldiers will attack trespassers (that’s you) on sight. Unless you’re disguised like them, but more tips on that below.
Outposts on Maps
Buying Maps Trick: After you buy all the “Item Maps” at in-game stores, you can make Outposts show up on the map area you’re at by activating a nearby radio tower. Doing that reveals all the locations for the Outposts previously hidden in that certain area (if you bought the map for that area).
Capture An Outpost Unheard
Important Note: This for a missable Achievement / Trophy. Can only be done before liberating all Outposts. Otherwise, start new game.
You can liberate any of the 34 Outposts without triggering an alarm. Search for the alarm switch in an Outpost and disable it by pressing Square (PS3) / X (Xbox 360) or by shooting it until it breaks. Now you just need to kill the remaining enemies. It does not matter if the enemies see you or not. They are just not allowed to ring the alarm. If you hear the loud alarm then kill yourself and you should respawn somewhere near the Outpost and can try it again.
Quick Outposts Capture Guide
#1. Use a jeep with a mounted machine gun for fast movement and a lot of fast damage. — Using the mounted machine gun to blow up other jeeps will cause a big explosion for additional damage.
#2. Wear the same uniform as the Privateers that occupy each Outpost, so that they won’t just attack you on-sight right away. — This also gives you enough time to tag every soldier on guard to allow you to take them out quickly when you start your attack.
#3. Before starting your attack, fire the locks off animal cage doors to let loose dangerous animals like tigers and bears onto your enemies. — The wild animals will kill several soldiers before they are taken out, giving you a nice diversion to start your own charge.
Here’s a video guide that shows you how to quickly capture enemy Outposts in Far Cry 3.
Outposts Video Guide
Here’s the start of a video guide that shows shows you three outpost assaults in a row.
Note: Every assault has it’s different approach in stealth or John Rambo style. The last assault is even completed without entering the camp.
Claim Outposts By Assault Or Stealth
Here’s a continuation of a video guide that shows you where more of the Far Cry 3 Outposts locations are on the map and in-game.
Let’s liberate some outposts in Free Roam.
Update: The Welshore Wrecker’s House Outpost can be found on the coordinates X: 437.9, Y: 795.0.
Strategies To Master Outposts
Tips and strategies to taking down Outposts, which then get converted into new Fast Travel locations for you to use around the island.
Please comment if you have any Far Cry 3 Outposts location tips of your own, or if you’d like us to add more locations. – Thanks for visiting!