Let’s take a look at some Far Cry 3 easter eggs! They can be found if you pay attention!
Easter eggs have been confirmed for Far Cry 3. Watch videos of them all below.
Index of Far Cry 3 Guides:
- This Page: Far Cry 3 Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Glitches
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Cheats
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Weapons Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Rare Animals Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Path of the Hunter Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Letters of the Lost Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Memory Cards Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Lost Hollywood Star Location Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Relics Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Outposts Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Radio Towers Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Co-Op Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Monkey Business Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 The Lost Expeditions Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Testing Unit Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Loot Chests Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Skill Trees Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Achievements & Trophies Guide
Far Cry 3 Easter Eggs
Lost Hollywood Star Easter Egg
The “Say Hi to the Internet” 10 Gamerscore Points Achievement / Bronze Trophy asks that you find the lost Hollywood star.
Location: The lost Hollywood star can be found at the coordinates X: 619.7, Y: 559.4 (see top right corner of the world map).
How to find the lost Hollywood star Christopher “McLovin” Mintz-Plasse:
He is at the beach of one of the northern islands. You can go there shortly after the Far Cry 3 begins. Stay at the beach and look for two dead people that are hanging on a tree. There is a man buried in the sand and you can only see his head. Go to the buried man and press the Square button (on PS3) / X button (on Xbox 360).
As explained by Jane in the below video guide, “McLovin” made a cameo appearance in the Far Cry 3 live-action series called the “Far Cry Experience”.
Note: It’s kind of a double-easter egg, since this scene is used on the game’s actual boxart too if you look at the beach from the ocean! Vaas is so evil!
BioShock & Assassin’s Creed Easter Egg
Far Cry 3′s Insane Edition comes with some unlockable missions — called Ignition In The Deep from the Lost Expeditions — which are stuffed with Easter Eggs. Here’s how to find the BioShock easter egg, where the main character is given a BioShock quote! He’s told: “Would you kindly activate!” Ooooh!
Additionally, this mission in itself is an Assassin’s Creed easter egg. That’s because it takes place in an old World War II “Prototype Labs” facility, where? Abstergo Industries (of the Templar Order) was studying genetic memory, research which later turned the Animus technology used to travel into a person’s DNA/past in the Assassin’s Creed games!
This video shows how to find them.
PS: In Mission 1 of these Lost Expeditions there’s a Portal reference as well, plus supposedly more TV show references.
Ghost Story Easter Egg
At some point in the game in your village you can take a mission from an old lady who’s raving about seeing a plane wreck last night. She wants you to check the wreckage for survivors.
But when you get there the plane is all rusted up and a homeless man is cooking dinner in what used to be the cockpit. He then tells you that the plane crashed ten years ago and crushed a house… and that no old lady lives in the nearby village. Dun dun DUN DUN! *creepy!*
Have you found any Far Cry 3 easter eggs?