Looking for Far Cry 3 cheats on PC, PS3 & Xbox 360? Here we’ll list Far Cry 3 cheat codes and unlockables with tips for Ubisoft’s new open world first-person shooter game.
Index of Far Cry 3 Guides:
- This Page: Far Cry 3 Cheats
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Glitches
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Co-Op Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Monkey Business Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 The Lost Expeditions Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Testing Unit Walkthrough
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Achievements & Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Weapons Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Rare Animals Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Path of the Hunter Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Letters of the Lost Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Memory Cards Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Lost Hollywood Star Location Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Relics Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Outposts Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Radio Towers Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Loot Chests Locations Guide
- Next Page: Far Cry 3 Skill Trees Guide
Far Cry 3 Cheats
While on Xbox 360 or PS3 you cannot edit the game’s files, on PC you are allowed to do that. There’s an editable .xml file you can find to change settings.
Default location of the file: C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 3\GamerProfile.xml
Once you open that .xml file, you can edit it with Notepad. Changes will take effect after you save the file and start the game. You’ll recognize some basic settings, below we’ve listed what changing some PC command lines do to change gameplay.
Warning: Always save a copy of the original GamerProfile.xml file, so you can always switch your game back to the default settings.
Change these to get high FPS on medium-range systems to maintain 50-60 FPS:
• SSAO: You can disable it, as SSAO is said to look bad.
• HBAO: You can disable it, as HBAO is said to look bad.
• HDAO: Enabling it takes 7-8 FPS right off. However, turning On HDAO has a huge impact on the depth of any scene, since it adds lots of subtle shadowing to the environments. The visual trade-off could be worth it for you to enable this.
• Shadows: Lower it from High to Medium. Does wonders for the FPS.
• Post-process FX: Lower it from High to Medium. Same as Shadows, Medium works MUCH better than the High setting. You can also set it even lower to Low, because it’s only motion blur/bloom/DOF and it taxes your GPU & overall performance.
• MSAA: It’s recommended you try how the game plays when you disable it. It’s a performance hog, as even a 2xMSAA setting takes around 10 FPS off the top, ouch.
• Alpha to Coverage: This is foliage AA. Opinions on this vary from setting it from Off to Standard to Enhanced, as it can take 2-3 FPS off. However, it does a lot for the image quality, since it greatly reduces shimmering in trees and foliage. It makes the game look much better, especially if you don’t have MSAA enabled; although you probably shouldn’t with a mid-range system.
Tip: How to take a PC screenshot with the HUD turned off: Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard. This will save the screenshot into the Far Cry 3 folder in your Documents library.
There are no confirmed Far Cry 3 cheats on PS3 & Xbox 360. But for PC we have some possible cheats that are awaiting confirmation.
Warning: We cannot be held responsible if something doesn’t work, since these are untested cheats. — Our commenters have chimed in to further warn that they can mess up your game or simply aren’t effective.
Please test out if these Far Cry 3 PC cheats & slowmotion tweaks work you:
Hour = "16"
Minutes = "40"
Seconds = "0"
TimeScale = "1"
WindForce = "80"
WindDir = "0"
DelayShadowMovement = "180"
GodMode = "0"
UnlimitedAmmo = "0"
Sensitivity_x = "1.0"
Sensitivity_y = "1.0"
Sensitivity = "1.0"
Invert_x = "0"
Invert_y = "0"
Gamepad_vibration = "1"
IgnorePlayer = "0"
GatherEntitiesForMap = "0"
ShowAIInMap = "0"
ShowDiamondsInMap = "0"
UseMouseSmooth = "0"
DifficultyLevel = "1"
Machete = "0"
UseAmbx = "0"
UseSubtitles = "0"
padSensor = "0"
UseAimingHelpers = "1"
HelpCrosshair = "1"
BrightnessCalibrated = "0"
ShowSaveLoadMenu = "0"
Xbox 360, PS3 & PC Uplay Point Unlockables:
Earn exclusive rewards by joining Ubisoft’s Uplay community. Login to Uplay before starting the game to get Uplay points as you finish the game (and for actions like crafting 25 syringes and first blood). Through the in-game Uplay Rewards menu, you can then spend those points on unlockables!
Collect Units as you play to unlock the following rewards:
- Far Cry 3 Wallpaper for PC / Far Cry 3 Theme for Xbox 360/PS3.
- Tattoo Pack: Far Cry 3 Exclusive tattoos for the Tattoo Editor in Multiplayer.
- Revolving gift: Special Weapon “Cannon Revolver” for single player.
- Exclusive Assignment: Exclusive single player mission “Testing Unit”.
Once you get the Uplay Reward, here’s how to find & finish the “Testing Unit”:
Do you know of any Far Cry 3 cheats or unlockables?
Let us know in the comments, you’ll get credit for finding out. – Thanks for visiting!