What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Just Dance 4 (Wii)
2. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
3. Assassin’s Creed III (Xbox 360)
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
5. Assassin’s Creed III (PS3)
6. God of War Saga Collection (PS3)
7. Dishonored (Xbox 360)
8. Madden NFL 13 (Xbox 360)
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
10. Just Dance 4 (Xbox 360 Kinect)
Helped by Black Friday sales, Ubisoft’s 25-million-selling blockbuster Just Dance series stays high on the charts with Just Dance 4 on Wii, Xbox 360 Kinect, and PlayStation 3 Move, with a Wii U version just released. Last year’s Just Dance 3 sold over 7 million copies, so it’s safe to say the new dancing game is set to entertain millions more!
Take a look at the official Just Dance 4 TV commercial.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
2. Everybody’s Golf 6 (PS3)
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Import Version: North America including Nuketown 2025 DLC (PS3)
4. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Subtitled Import Version: North America (PS3)
6. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (3DS)
7. Okami HD: Superb Edition (PS3 Move)
8. Assassin’s Creed I + II – Welcome Pack (PS3)
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Import Version: North America (PS3)
10. Style Savvy: Trendsetters (3DS)
In its first two weeks Nintendo sold over 1 million copies (1,037,103 according to Famitsu) of the Nintendo 3DS-exclusive life-simulation game “Animal Crossing: New Leaf” in Japan, where it’s titled “Animal Forest: Jump Out”. It’s developed by the same creators as the previous DS & Wii versions. Making full use of the 3DS’ abilities, the game features much more customization around town on: your house’s walls & furniture, other people’s houses if you become town mayor, and even down to your character’s shirt, hat & accessories can all be changed at will. Oh and you can now swim in the ocean too!
Here are the relaxing new Japanese Animal Crossing: New Leaf TV commercials.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Just Dance 4: Special Edition (Wii)
2. Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
5. Assassin’s Creed 3 (Xbox 360)
6. Assassin’s Creed 3 (PS3)
7. Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
8. Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360)
9. Hitman Absolution (PS3)
10. Hitman Absolution (Xbox 360)
Microsoft’s 46-million-selling blockbuster Halo series stays high on the charts worldwide with Halo 4 on Xbox 360.
Take a look at the official Halo 4 live-action “Scanned” launch trailer produced by David Fincher.
To recap the top games per system:
- Just Dance 4 dances to 1st place on the Wii chart.
- Halo 4 is #1 on the Xbox 360 gamer’s shopping list.
- Assassin’s Creed III returns this week on the PS3 chart.
- The Sims 3 Seasons keeps first place on the PC & Mac charts.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 jumps on the 3DS chart at numero uno.
- Pokemon Black & White Version 2 catch a shiny #1 on the DS chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. U is selling at a decent attach rate for the new Wii U console.
- Persona 4: Golden debuts 1st in the PS Vita chart.
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep is still on the PSP chart.
- And lastly, Kingdom Hearts II stays popular after 6 years in the PS2 chart’s Top 100!