With the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 imminent, Activision announced that all of its Call of Duty Elite service features for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will be free when the blockbuster game hits worldwide on November 13. With Call of Duty Elite free for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, both new and veteran Call of Duty Elite members alike will be able to enjoy the full range of Call of Duty Elite’s robust service and features integrated into the highly-anticipated new game in development by award-winning studio Treyarch.
Supporting Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Activision will be selling four epic new Downloadable Content (DLC) Map Packs both á la carte and through the introduction of the Call of Duty: Black Ops II Season Pass. Coming to the Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network first, the four Call of Duty: Black Ops II DLC Map Packs will deliver a variety of new Multiplayer and Zombies playable content and are expected to be available in 2013. The Season Pass will deliver all four Call of Duty: Black Ops II DLC Map Packs at a discounted suggested retail price of 4000 Microsoft Points* ($49.99 on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360® (the $10 discount is based on four DLC Map Packs at a suggested retail price of 1200 Microsoft Points ($15) each).
Call of Duty Elite for Call of Duty: Black Ops II will include a host of new and improved features, including both Player and Clan HQ, Zombies support, Call of Duty Elite TV, social sharing and notifications, and more!
Take a look at the video to find out about the Black Ops 2 Elite Integration:
Season Pass pre-orders are now available at select retail outlets, including GameStop and Best Buy. Season Pass and DLC Map Packs may not be available on all gaming platforms (Wii U DLC still in discussion with Nintendo). Pricing and release dates may vary by platform. All Call of Duty Elite features and availability are subject to change. Further details regarding the 2013 calendar of Call of Duty: Black Ops II DLC Map Packs will be made available at a later date.
The news of Call of Duty Elite’s free integration with Call of Duty: Black Ops II follows the recent reveal of several new multiplayer features that are in the works by Treyarch, including an all-new ‘Pick Ten Create-a-Class’ system, an added emphasis on eSports featuring CODcasting, and an all-new Score Streaks system. GameStop president Tony Bartel says, “Consumer anticipation for Call of Duty: Black Ops II is tremendous. We are seeing the highest pre-orders in history. With its current pace, this Call of Duty is on track to break records and is likely to be our biggest game launch of all time.”
As a free service for Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the Call of Duty Elite platform will continue to evolve as the definitive Call of Duty headquarters, with the inclusion of new and enhanced features such as:
• Player HQ – Track Call of Duty: Black Ops II performance with rich game statistics, including enhanced match information such as heat maps and recent match data; track challenges and extensively modify your classes like never before using Treyarch’s new Pick 10 Create-a-Class system.
• Clan HQ – Join an existing clan or start your own, invite friends and then take part in Call of Duty: Black Ops II clan competitions with cool digital prizing.
• Zombies Support – For the millions of Zombies fans out there, now you can track your Zombies personal statistics and compare it to other players’ around the world.
• Call of Duty Elite TV – Launching with tablet support with Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the new Call of Duty Elite TV will deliver a renewed community focus featuring developer tips and strategy programming, custom class overviews and more.
• Social Sharing and Notifications – With Call of Duty Elite’s new notification system, you can stay updated with what is going on in Call of Duty: Black Ops II, as well as communicate directly with your clan.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II launches worldwide on November 13, 2012, on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Windows PC. The title is also expected to be released in North America on November 18, 2012, for the new Wii U game system from Nintendo. Call of Duty: Black Ops II is rated “M” (Mature – Blood and Gore, Intense Violence Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Drugs – content suitable for persons ages 18 and older) by the ESRB.
“We’ve learned a lot in our first year of Call of Duty Elite, and we’re very proud that we over delivered on our commitment of playable content to our premium members,” said Activision Publishing CEO, Eric Hirshberg. “What we have realized is that several of the Call of Duty Elite services which are currently only available to our premium members for Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 are things that would further unite, engage and delight our player community. So we are going to make them free for Call of Duty: Black Ops II.”
Hirshberg continued, “For Call of Duty: Black Ops II, DLC Map Packs will be a separate offering from Call of Duty Elite. The Season Pass will be a great way to acquire all four Map Packs at a discount, but if our fans would rather take it one Map Pack at a time, then we’ll offer each pack á la carte for anyone who wants it. What we aren’t doing is requiring a paid membership to access the great player services for Call of Duty: Black Ops II and we’re thrilled to offer all of Elite’s Call of Duty: Black Ops II features to players for free.”
Existing Call of Duty Elite premium members will continue to enjoy the Call of Duty Elite Premium membership features for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 through the end of their current subscription period. Call of Duty Elite is developed by Beachhead Studio.
Will you be buying the Black Ops 2 DLC per Map Pack or via all-in-one Season Pass?
Index of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Pages:
- This Page: Black Ops 2 DLC Announced
- Next Page: Black Ops 2 Intel Locations Guide
- Next Page: Black Ops 2 Cheats
- Next Page: Black Ops 2 Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Black Ops 2 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Black Ops 2 Achievements & Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Black Ops 2 Tower of Babble
- Next Page: Black Ops 2 Weapons Guide
- Next Page: Black Ops 2 Perks Guide