The Halo 4 Achievements Guide lists every Achievement for this Xbox 360 exclusive First-Person Shooter game and tells you how to get and unlock them.
Table of Contents
Index of Halo 4 Guides:
- This Page: Halo 4 Achievements Guide
- Next Page: Halo 4 Terminals Locations Guide
- Next Page: Halo 4 Skulls Guide
- Next Page: Halo 4 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Halo 4 Spartan Ops Walkthrough
- Next Page: Halo 4 Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Halo 4 Secrets
- Next Page: Halo 4 Cheats
There are 49 Achievements (0 Secret) with a total of 1,000 Gamerscore points to earn in the Xbox 360 game.
Microsoft developer 343 Industries had the this to say about the Achievements in Halo 4:
“Our primary goal when creating Halo 4’s achievements was to reward milestones and increase replay value while balancing both difficulty and the breadth of game modes. Our secondary goal was to live up to Halo tradition with weird ass names for some of them (hello, The Dongblainer!). While you will only be able to speculate on the exact nature of some of these achievements, here’s a peek at their very basic in-game descriptions.”
Warning: Players looking to avoid spoilers should not read the Halo 4 achievements list.
1. Dawn (10G) — Completed mission 1 on any difficulty.
2. Requiem (10G) — Completed mission 2 on any difficulty.
3. Forerunner (10G) — Completed mission 3 on any difficulty.
4. Infinity (10G) — Completed mission 4 on any difficulty.
5. Reclaimer (10G) — Completed mission 5 on any difficulty.
6. Shutdown (10G) — Completed mission 6 on any difficulty.
7. Composer (10G) — Completed mission 7 on any difficulty.
8. Midnight (10G) — Completed mission 8 on any difficulty.
9. Wake Up, John (20G) — Completed the Campaign on Normal or harder.
10. I Need a Hero (40G) — Completed the Campaign on Heroic or harder.
11. The Legend of 117 (70G) — Completed the Campaign on Legendary difficulty.
12. Lone Wolf Legend (90G) — Completed the Campaign solo on Legendary difficulty.
13. Skullduggery (15G) — Completed any Campaign mission with 3 or more Skulls on Heroic or harder.
14. Bropocalypse (10G) — Completed any Campaign mission cooperatively on Heroic or harder.
15. Bromageddon (40G) — Completed the Campaign cooperatively on Heroic or harder.
16. Contact the Domain (10G) — Found a Terminal in the Campaign.
17. Terminus (50G) — Found all of the Terminals in the Campaign.
To find all 7 Terminals, check out our Halo 4 Terminals Locations Guide.
18. Digging up the Past (20G) — Found and accessed Chief’s record in mission 1.
Location: Master Chief’s records can be found on a computer at the start of “Mission 1: Dawn” at Rally Point – Alpha.
At the beginning, after Cortana’s hologram is done talking, walk straight ahead until you see stairs going down on your left side. Go down the stairs and underneath it turn right until you can see the computer console with a light shining above it.
Walk up to the computer and when you stand in front of it hold the B button on your Xbox 360 controller to view the records.
When the audio file with imagery plays the Achievement will unlock.
19. Midnight Launch (20G) — Got significant air in the Warthog at midnight in mission 2.
Before turning on Halo 4 to play this second Campaign mission, you should go to your main menu’s Xbox 360 clock settings (go to System, Console Settings, Clock, Date and Time) and set the time to (right before or on) the midnight hour and then start playing Halo 4… or actually play the game at midnight.
Location: Once you find the first Warthog outside in “Mission 2: Requiem”.
Flip over the Warthog, step into the drivers seat, and drive it right off the cliff next to you! Enjoy the view as you fall to your death and your Achievement unlocks.
20. This is my Rifle, This is my Gun (20G) — Carried a UNSC weapon all the way through mission 3 on Heroic or harder.
Location: All of “Mission 3: Forerunner”.
Complete the mission carrying only one UNSC weapon of your choice. In this video guide it’s the Pistol, so efficiency, accuracy and awareness are key for successfully beating the mission. The 35-minute video is played on Heroic difficulty solo, it shows you where to pick up more ammo, and gives more general tips & tricks to help out.
21. Bros to the Close (20G) — Completed mission 4 without one preventable Marine death on Heroic or harder.
Location: “Mission 4: Infinity” at Rally Point 3 “Defend the hilltop” as you secure a landing zone for the Pelican.
22. Mortardom (20G) — Hijacked a Wraith and used it to kill at least four enemy Wraiths in mission 5 on Heroic or harder.
Location: “Mission 5: Reclaimer” once you encounter Wraiths that attack the Mammoth.
Note: You don’t have to use just one Wraith to kill four other Wraiths, you can jump in as many Wraiths as you want and keep killing.
23. Explore the Floor (20G) — Tricked or forced a Hunter to fall to his demise in mission 6.
Location: This can be unlocked in “Mission 6: Shutdown” at Rally Point – Delta.
Continue to the Spire Controls until two Hunters drop down from a portal. In this area, you can corral them around by approaching them at certain angles. A Hunter will go to the very edge of the platform, but will not fall off on it’s own. You will need the other Hunter to ‘push’ him off by moving them close together. It may take a few tries, you can always restart if you mess up. ‘Easy’ difficulty obviously makes this easier.
24. Give Him the Stick (20G) — Took out both Hunters using only the Sticky Detonator in mission 7.
Locations: Can be done in “Mission 7: Composer” at Rally Point – Alpha.
Once you reach the labs where there are two Hunters, you can find a Sticky Detonator in the nearby weapons cabinet (and other surrounding areas). Weaken the two Hunters, then use the Sticky Detonator on one of them. Then you’ll have to corral them together, and once they are together you can detonate it to kill them both. Of course, you’ll have an easier time if you set the difficulty to ‘Easy’. Restart the checkpoint from the main menu if you mess up.
25. Chief, Smash! (20G) — Killed 3 Crawlers in one hit with the Gravity Hammer in mission 8.
Location: Can be done in “Mission 8: Midnight” at Rally Point – Bravo.
You’ll make your way through some portals. In one area you will reach, there will be 4 weapons you can choose from. Choose to pick up the Gravity Hammer. Stow the weapon and use your other firearm, until you get reach a point where you must defend the area. Crawlers will come out in droves out on a narrow walkway, and this is the perfect time to unlock the achievement. – Restart the checkpoint if you don’t unlock it, and it’s of course best done on ‘Easy’ difficulty.
26. Not Some Recruit Anymore (15G) — Ranked up your Spartan-IV to SR-5.
This video guide shows both how to rank up and complete a Challenge.
27. Movin’ On Up (25G) — Ranked up your Spartan-IV to SR-20.
28. I <3 Red vs Blue (15G) — Won 5 War Games matchmaking matches.
29. Hanging on the Combat Deck (30G) — Won 20 War Games matchmaking matches.
30. Operation Completion (15G) — Completed a Spartan Ops Mission on any difficulty.
31. A Legendary Episode (40G) — Completed all chapters in Spartan Ops Episode 1 on Legendary difficulty.
32. Dedicated to Crimson (80G) — Completed all chapters in the first 5 episodes of Spartan Ops on any difficulty.
33. Crimson Alone (20G) — Completed a Spartan Ops chapter solo on Legendary.
34. Roses vs Violets (20G) — Found one of the RvB Easter Eggs in Spartan Ops.
Location: This can be found in Halo 4′s Spartan Ops “Chapter 5: Core” at The Cauldron.
Once you reach the Forerunner bridge over lava, look down at the boiling lava through your scope until you see something on the rocks near the lava. Shoot that box to unlock this Achievement.
35. No One Left Behind (20G) — Saved at least one Marine in Chapter 3 of Episode 2 of Spartan Ops on Heroic or harder.
36. Knight in White Assassination (20G) — Assassinated a Knight in any Spartan Ops mission.
37. What Power Outage? (20G) — Completed Chapter 4, Episode 5 of Spartan Ops without losing a generator on Heroic or harder.
38. No Easy Way Out (20G) — In Ch 1, Ep 5 of Spartan Ops survived the enemy assault during the defense on Normal or harder.
39. The Challenged (10G) — Completed a Challenge.
40. The Challenger (20G) — Completed 25 Challenges.
41. Armorer (5G) — Changed your Spartan’s armor in the Spartan Armor card.
42. Badge (5G) — Changed your Emblem in the Spartan ID card.
43. PWND (5G) — Changed your Service Tag in the Spartan ID card.
44. What a Poser! (5G) — Changed your Spartan’s pose in the Spartan ID card.
45. The Cartographer (5G) — Created and saved a Custom Map in Forge.
Here’s a tutorial from the game’s creators on how to make a custom map in Halo 4.
Take a look at some of the custom map madness you can create with Forge.
46. Game Changer (5G) — Created and saved a Custom Game type in War Games.
47. Snapshot! (5G) — Saved a Screenshot from the Theater.
48. The Director (5G) — Saved a Film Clip from the Theater.
49. Sharing is Caring (5G) — Uploaded a File to your File Share.
Please comment if you have any Halo 4 achievement unlock tips of your own. Kudos will be given. – Thanks for visiting!