This guide will show you how to unlock Death’s Grim Reaper Form in Darksiders 2 and how to unlock the Grim Talisman (in the “Shaman’s Craft” Side Quest) that helps you build up Reaper Energy to enable Grim Reaper Form. Read on to get all the tips you need to defeat even the mightiest of foes in this awesome PC, Xbox 360 & PS3 action-adventure game.
Having Death reach Experience Level 6 will unlock the following Achievement / Trophy:
“Grim Reaping” (30 Gamerscore / Bronze Trophy) — Unlock Reaper Form.
How to start Grim Reaping Form will be shown in the guide below.
How To Unlock Death’s Grim Reaper Form In Darksiders 2
These video guides show you how to unlock Grim Reaper Form for Death in-game.
STEP 1: Unlock the Grim Reaper Form.
This part shows you when Death reaches Experience Level 6.
Grim Reaper Form Description: The unstoppable Reaper Form allows Death to inflict and sustain huge amounts of damage. Kill enemies with reaper attacks to gather reaper energy.
1. This reaper energy fills up a meter that allows Death to turn into Grim Reaper Form for a short time.
2. A second method is for Death’s combo attacks to end with him briefly turning into his Grim Reaper Form.
STEP 2: How to build up Reaper Energy with the Grim Talisman.
How to complete the “Shaman’s Craft” Side Quest to get the Grim Talisman:
1. The Shaman’s Craft Side Quest begins after you reach Tri-Stone, when you talk to the blind priestess Muria. She sells the talismans, which requires the following ingredients to make: Stalker’s Bone, Mordant Dew, and Carven Stone. Once you speak to her she will tell you that you need to find Karn outside the Cauldron.
2. Once you help Karn outside the Cauldron he will talk to you about killing the stalker within. You’ll run into the Stalker in the dungeon and you can’t miss him because he is pretty big. Once you kill him the item should pop up in front of your screen.
3. Now, remember before you leave you need to talk to Karn again outside the Cauldron exit.
4. The next task has you killing Singers while you travel through the Fjord on your way to Drenchfort. Once you kill the stingers squash them to get some Mordant Dew.
5. Speak with care, again, outside The Lost Temple later on in the game.
6. Once inside The Lost Temple you will run into a Sentinel in the beginning. Shoot him down to grab your final piece, the Carven Stone.
7. You have all the items you need so just head back to the Tri-Stone to receive your reward.
What to do if you’re missing items: It’s a good idea to go to the Soul Arbiter’s Maze, that maze will have lots of different enemies who might give you these items. All items can be found in The Crucible as well. – Additionally, the Carven Stone you can pick up in the Shattered Forge, during the Hammer’s Forge Quest. There are “floating heads” in that temple that you can fight to earn it.
Grim Talisman Description: A maker known only as the Mad Smith forged this talisman using the arms and armor of slain warriors from the Dead Plains. Grim, as the talisman was named, was crafted to distill and concentrate necromantic power from the Abyss. The Grim Talisman makes any weapon wielded by its owner build Reaper Energy with every successful attack.
Index of Darksiders 2 Guides:
- This Page: Darksiders 2
- Next Page: Darksiders 2 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Darksiders 2 Collectibles Locations Guide
- Next Page: Darksiders 2 Weapons Guide
- Next Page: Darksiders 2 Trapped Hellguard Locations Guide
- Next Page: Darksiders 2 Achievements & Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Darksiders 2 Soul Arbiter’s Maze Puzzle Solutions Guide
- Next Page: How To Unlock Death’s Grim Reaper Form In Darksiders 2
- Next Page: Darksiders 2 Cheats
- For Fun: Darksiders 2 Wallpaper
How awesome is it to unlock Death’s Grim Reaper Form in Darksiders 2?