What were the top 10 bestselling games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the games that are the hottest worldwide.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Just Dance 3 (Wii)
2. World of Warcraft Battle Chest (PC/Mac)
3. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3)
4. Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
5. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
6. Capcom Digital Collection (Xbox 360)
7. Kingdom Hearts: 3D Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
9. Batman Arkham Asylum: Game of the Year Greatest Hits (PS3)
10. Gears of War 3 (Xbox 360)
The Just Dance series has sold over 25 million units worldwide. Just Dance 3 is at 7 million on its own, players are spending 23 million minutes per day playing the game, dancing to 7.5 million songs daily!
Here’s the Katy Perry Firework trailer.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
2. Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online (Wii)
3. Pokemon Black 2 (DS)
4. Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online – Bundle with 16GB Wii USB memory & Hat included Momon inclusion benefits of in-game items (Wii)
5. Pokemon White 2 (DS)
6. Lentigo Basketball Game (PSP)
7. Brain Age: Demon Training – 5-minute brain training supervised by Dr. Ryuta Kawashima of the Tohoku University Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer (3DS)
8. Just Dance Wii 2 (Wii)
9. Tales of Vesperia – The Best of PlayStation 3 (PS3)
10. Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena (PS3)
Nintendo released the newest 2D Mario side-scrolling platformer in the ‘new’ series in Japan, exclusively made for the 3DS. It sold over 400,000 copies in its first two days alone! Titled “Nyu Supa Mario Burazazu Tsu” or as we’ll know it next week: “New Super Mario Bros. 2″, it’s a direct sequel to 2006′s 29-million-selling DS original: “New Super Mario Bros.”
Here’s the Japanese TV commercial.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. London 2012 – The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games (Xbox 360)
2. London 2012 – The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games (PS3)
3. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Nintendo Wii)
4. The Amazing Spider-Man (Xbox 360)
5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
6. Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360)
7. Batman: Arkham City (Xbox 360)
8. The Sims 3 (PC/Mac)
9. Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure Starter Pack (Wii)
10. Moshi Monsters: Moshling Zoo (Nintendo DS)
Sega released “London 2012 – The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC back in June. Obviously with the 2012 Summer Olympic Games running until August 12th, now is when it’s really selling well.
Here’s the London 2012 Video Game launch trailer.
To recap the top games per system:
- London 2012 – The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games finishes with a Gold Medal on the Xbox 360 & PS3 charts.
- Just Dance 3 returns in Japan on 1st place on the Wii chart.
- World of Warcraft Battle Chest returns to the top of the PC & Mac charts.
- Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance comes in first on the 3DS chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. returns to #1 on the DS chart.
- Persona 4 Golden appears on the top of the PS Vita chart.
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep is still on the PSP chart.
- And lastly, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 stays popular after 4 years in the PS2 chart’s Top 100!