What were the top 10 bestselling games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the games that are the hottest worldwide.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Pokemon Conquest (DS)
2. The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection (PS3)
3. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii)
4. Diablo III (PC/Mac)
5. Just Dance 3 (Wii)
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
7. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
8. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Xbox 360)
9. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
10. Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
Pokemon Conquest is a Pokemon spin-off strategy RPG developed by Tecmo Koei for Nintendo. The DS-exclusive game promises 100+ hours of gameplay with its combination of the Pokemon and Nobunaga’s Ambition series’ universes, which pits Warlords and their Pokemon against yours in battle.
Here’s the Pokemon Conquest TV commercials.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Pokemon Black 2 (DS)
2. Pokemon White 2 (DS)
3. Learn with Pokemon: Typing Adventure – Black Version (DS)
4. Culdcept (3DS)
5. Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry’s Wonderland 3D (3DS)
6. Persona 4: Golden (PS Vita)
7. Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Twilight Land (PS3)
8. Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly – Wii Edition (Wii)
9. Robotics; Notes – Limited Edition (PS3)
10. Mario Party 9 (Wii)
Pokemon Black and White 2 were released in Japan last week by Nintendo & The Pokemon Company. With over 1.1 million pre-orders, at launch it sold almost 1.6 million copies! Surprisingly the sales were split almost evenly with 817,000 Black 2 & 745,000 White 2, narrowly making Black 2 the favorite with just 72,000 more sold. — The games are expected to arrive in America & Europe mid-October 2012.
The Role-Playing Games are direct sequels to the Pokemon Black and White games, but set two years later. It’s made exclusively for the Nintendo DS (also playable on Nintendo 3DS). They added new: Legendary Pokemon, trainers, rivals, gym leaders, a Pokewood sidegame, and a Pokemon World Tournament feature.
Here is the extended version of the Japanese TV commercial.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Lego Batman 2 – Limited Lex Luthor Toy Edition (Xbox 360)
2. Diablo III (PC/Mac)
3. Halo: Combat Evolved – Anniversary (Xbox 360)
4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
5. Lego Batman 2 – Limited Lex Luthor Toy Edition (Wii)
6. The Amazing Spider-Man (Xbox 360)
7. Football Manager 2012 (PC/Mac)
8. Lego Batman 2 – Limited Lex Luthor Toy Edition (PS3)
9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3)
10. The Amazing Spider-Man (PS3)
It’s time to go bonkers for bricks, studs and everything Lego with the release of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment’s Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes! Fun for friends and family, the action-adventure game comes to every system under the sun.
Here’s the game’s funny launch trailer.
To recap the top games per system:
- Pokemon Conquest & Pokemon Black and White 2 stay as #1 on the DS chart worldwide.
- The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection returns on the PS3 chart.
- LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes debut on the Wii chart.
- Diablo III stays on top of the PC & Mac charts.
- The Dawnguard DLC puts Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim back on the Xbox 360 chart.
- Mario Kart 7 races to 1st place on the 3DS chart.
- Gravity Rush floats to the top of the PS Vita chart.
- Kingdom Hearts remains a pillar of strength for the PS2 chart with 2455 days in the Top 100.
- And lastly, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep takes top spot on the PSP chart.