What were the top 10 bestselling games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the games that are the hottest worldwide.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Diablo III (PC/Mac)
2. The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection (PS3)
3. Batman: Arkham City (Xbox 360)
4. Lollipop Chainsaw (Xbox 360)
5. Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3)
6. Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
7. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
8. Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360)
9. Rage (Xbox 360)
10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
Before the 3rd game came out, the Diablo series had sold 8 million units worldwide. So it should come as no surprise Blizzard has a lot of hype going for it. Diablo III has managed to sell 6.3 million copies in the first week of its release alone! Could this be the first Diablo game to cross the 10 million barrier?
Here’s one of the many Diablo III TV commercials.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Persona 4: Golden (PS Vita)
2. Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry’s Wonderland 3D (3DS)
3. Lollipop Chainsaw – Premium Edition (PS3)
4. Tokyo Jungle (PS3)
5. Dragon’s Dogma (PS3)
6. Mario Party 9 (Wii)
7. Akiba’s Trip Plus (PSP)
8. Mario Tennis Open (3DS)
9. Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
10. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
Persona 4: Golden was released in Japan this Thursday by Atlus. The Role-Playing Game is a remake of the PlayStation 2 game, exclusively for the PlayStation Vita, that adds new features and story. – It’s coming to America on October 23rd, 2012.
Here is the extended version of the Japanese TV commercial.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. FIFA 12 (Xbox 360)
2. Football Manager 2012 (PC/Mac)
3. FIFA 12 (PS3)
4. Sniper Elite V2 (PS3)
5. Diablo III (PC/Mac)
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
7. Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360)
8. Lollipop Chainsaw (Xbox 360)
9. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Xbox 360)
10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
It’s time to go soccer-mad with EA’s FIFA 12! With the soccer season in full swing, or rather kick, here’s the European commercial.
To recap the top games per system:
- Diablo III stays on top of the PC & Mac charts.
- The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection returns on the PS3 chart.
- Batman: Arkham City returns on the Xbox 360 chart.
- Just Dance 3 stars on the Wii chart.
- New Super Mario Bros. shows up on the DS chart.
- Gravity Rush debuts atop the PS Vita chart.
- Super Mario 3D Land jumps to 1st place on the 3DS chart.
- Need for Speed Most Wanted takes top spot on the PSP chart.
- And lastly, Kingdom Hearts II stands fast on the PS2 chart.