Ubisoft has announced Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist at E3 2012. The action-adventure stealth game will be released in Spring 2013 on Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC.
The story is about: “The United States has a military presence in two thirds of the countries around the world. A group of 12 have had enough and initiate a terror ultimatum called the Blacklist – a deadly countdown of escalating terrorist attacks on US interests. Sam Fisher is the leader of the newly formed Fourth Echelon unit: a clandestine unit that answers solely to the President of the United States. Sam and his team must hunt down these terrorists by any means necessary, and stop the Blacklist countdown before it reaches zero.”
Watch the Splinter Cell 6: Blacklist announcement trailer here:
Key Splinter Cell: Blacklist Features:
• Operate without Restrictions: Sam is back in his tactical suit and goggles, and he’s more deadly than ever. He is the only secret operative with the power to act above the law, and uses ruthless methods to interrogate enemies in order to extract crucial information that will prevent the next Blacklist attack. Pursuing the terrorists to the far reaches of the world, Sam flies from exotic locales to US cities as he races against the clock to find out who’s behind the Blacklist. Thrilling gameplay is enhanced by full motion performance capture, creating a highly cinematic experience.
• Kill in Motion: Always one step ahead, Killing in Motion lets Sam strike with lethal precision by marking and executing multiple enemies in one fluid motion. Active Sprint allows him to traverse the environment easily and fluidly, climb walls and leap over barriers in order to reach his next target while on the move.
• Unleash the power of Fourth Echelon Prototypes: Infiltrate terrorist cells by using new gadgets such as the upgraded snake cam and micro tri-rotor drone which allows Sam to scout ahead, mark targets remotely, distract enemies, or explode with frag grenade force. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist is also bringing back fan-favorites like the sticky shocker, and for close quarters combat, players can wield the curved and brutal Karambit knife.
• Build a New Echelon: With a mandate directly from the president, Sam is building a whole new Echelon unit; his team, his way. Anna “Grim” Grimsdottir is his technical operations manager, CIA operative Isaac Briggs brings additional firepower, and resident hacker Charlie Cole rounds out his support crew. Fourth Echelon is a fully mobile ops unit with unlimited resources and cutting-edge technology aboard the repurposed stealth airliner, the Paladin.
• Enjoy a Fully Integrated Experience: Sam and his team are aware of terrorist attacks in real time thanks to the Strategic Mission Interface (SMI). The SMI allows the team to receive data about mission objectives while on the move. Players can earn money for completing missions and objectives and buy upgraded weapons and items from the SMI hub aboard the Paladin.
Watch the Splinter Cell: Blacklist motion-capture trailer:
Michael Ironside (age 62) is still the voice of Sam Fisher! But… Ubisoft also hired Eric Johnson to do Sam’s motion-capture work. Let’s go behind the scenes and take a look.