E3 2012 Ubisoft Press Conference Roundup: Watch Dogs, Just Dance 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist, ZombiU, Rayman Legends
The E3 2012 Ubisoft Press Conference broadcast aired today, has revealed brand new information about Ubisoft’s game lineup. Ubisoft’s E3 2012 keynote conference started on June 5th at 3:00PM / 6:00PM EDT / 11:00PM GMT and lasted one hour. What follows is a bulletpoints roundup.
It started with the expected showings of Far Cry 3, Assassin’s Creed III, and The Avengers: Battle for Earth. Surprises this year were: Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Rayman Legends, and ZombiU, with Just Dance 4 and Watch Dogs being revealed for the first time. Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation for PS Vita wasn’t shown, though, so we’ll update you about that later on.
Here’s the full E3 2012 Ubisoft broadcast video: (skip first 32 minutes)
E3 2012 Ubisoft Press Conference Roundup:
- Just Dance 4 got announced officially, but was there ever any doubt?
- A new Far Cry 3 trailer was shown to represent the main protagonist Jason’s in-game change from innocent tourist to ruler of the island. It uhm… started with a woman on top of Jason and then proceeds with him vowing revenge on the evil psycho known as Vaas. The gameplay shows him hunting down Vaas. There are multiple islands to explore in the open world of single player alone.
- The Splinter Cell: Blacklist debut trailer was shown. Ubisoft are promising Conviction’s co-op mode is back. Third Echelon is shut down, so Sam Fisher starts Fourth Echelon. Because that’s how he rolls.
- The Avengers: Battle for Earth trailer gets shown off with a debut trailer. Features: Wolverine, Venom, Spider-Man, Magneto, Storm, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor, and Hulk.
- Rayman Legends was shown off for the Nintendo Wii U. Supports play via the Wii U GamePad and Wii U Pro Controller. You can play each level in co-op with up to 5 players at the same time!
- ZombiU was exclusively announced for Wii U. Ubisoft revealed the Mature-rated zombie apocalypse game in a CGI slow-motion trailer. This game was previously announced as Killer Freaks From Outer Space, which changed into this new game during development.
- Rabbids Land, Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013, Sports Connection, Skid To Glory were announced for Wii U.
- Assassin’s Creed III showed off its E3 2012 trailer. In it Conor changes the tide of a battle for freedom as he hunts a Templar. The game’s producer Francois Pelland showed off winter forest gameplay, where Conor must hunt deer for food (very realistic blood spatter), but then encounters wolves. After that he talks to soldiers in the camp and rides a horse (very realistic snow impact). The game covers 30 years of history, before and after the American Revolution.
- Shootmania Storm was shown off in an on-stage 3 VS. 3 shooter face-off.
- Trials Evolution has 600,000+ players on its leaderboards.
- The Settlers Online has millions of players over 36 countries.
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Online free-to-play also said to be a big success.
- Ubisoft Montreal announces a brand new IP called Watch Dogs. The game asks: “Who is managing the world we are in?” Private corporations own the computers that manage whole cities and know every little thing about you. But what if you had access to this data, what could you see and what would you do about it. The main protagonist seems to be wanting to prevent criminals who got away with it from doing more. First he tracks their digital footprint and then investigates locally, he can hack all internet-connected devices. Turns out he’s working with a whole team and can switch between members of the group, so if one gets into trouble the others can help him/her out. Looks VERY exciting!
The other E3 2012 Press Conference Roundups:
- E3 2012 Microsoft Press Conference Roundup
- E3 2012 Sony Press Conference Roundup
- E3 2012 Nintendo Press Conference Roundup
- E3 2012 EA Press Conference Roundup