Here’s how to find the Ghost of the Cow King and unlock the Diablo 3 Secret Pony Level. This is an in-game joke from the developers similar to the Secret Cow Level in Diablo 2. In Diablo 3 there’s ponies and teddybears in the secret level, that’s actually named “Whimsyshire”.
How to unlock the secret pony level in Diablo 3? It requires you to take the following steps…
Table of Contents
- Step 1: How To Find & Create All the Staff of Herding Items
- Step 2: How To Unlock the Secret Pony Level
Index of Diablo 3 Guides:
- This Page: Diablo 3 Secret Pony Level
- Next Page: Diablo 3 Power Leveling
- Next Page: Diablo 3 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Diablo 3 Classes Guide
- Next Page: Diablo 3 Achievements Guide
- Next Page: Diablo 3 Codes, Cheats & Tips
- Next Page: Diablo 3 Rare Monsters Locations Guide
- Next Page: Diablo 3 Legendary Items
- Next Page: Diablo 3 Followers
- Next Page: Diablo 3 Glitches
- For Fun: Diablo 3 Wallpaper
Diablo 3 Secret Pony Level
Let’s go in-depth into the Diablo 3 campaign and find out how to access the hilarious Pony Level. We’ll give you detailed voice-over instructions each step of the way, in the videos in this guide, until you know everything to unlock & play it.
STEP 1: This video walkthrough shows you exactly how to find and create ALL of the Staff of Herding, as well as how to unlock the secret pony level in Diablo 3.
Spoiler alert: This video shows the final boss battle of the game’s last Act.
First craft the Staff of Herding. Here’s a list of items you need to obtain:
- Plans for the Staff of Herding — Found in Act 4. It’s a random drop from Izual. Kill Izual for Blacksmith Plans for the Herding Staff (use the last waypoint). Head to The Great Span.
Shown at 00:51 minutes into the video guide above.
- Black Mushroom — Found in Act 1. The Black Mushroom is located in a patch of mushrooms in Cathedral level 1 (second waypoint).
Shown at 1:57 minutes into the video guide above.
- Leoric’s Shinbone — Found in Act 1. Leoric’s Shinbone is located at random in the fireplace (found by walking right when you enter) in Leoric’s Manor (use Leoric’s Manor waypoint).
Shown at 2:29 minutes into the video guide above.
- Wirt’s Bell — Found in Act 2. Wirt’s Bell costs 100,000 gold in Caldeum’s Bazaar. To purchase it from a vendor, talk to the Squirt Merchant.
Shown at 3:07 minutes into the video guide above.
- Liquid Rainbow — Found in Act 2 after you saved an NPC. To get to the Dahlgur Oasis use the Path of the Oasis waypoint. The Rare Merchant is located at the bottom of the map. Find the Mysterious Chest in the Mysterious Cave (a random dungeon).
Shown at 3:24 minutes into the video guide above.
- Gibbering Gemstone — Found in Act 3 on the quest where you destroy the ballistae. Gibbering Gemstone drops from Chiltara, a RARE mob in the Caverns of Frost level 2. If you see Ice Cave Falls (AKA ice caverns) as a dungeon then you need to reload the game. Load using The Bridge of Korsikk waypoint.
Shown at 4:34 minutes into the video guide above.
Craft the Staff of Herding: Then you just need to get the recipe drop, pay your blacksmith 60,000 gold and craft it! (on Normal difficulty mode).
How to upgrade your Staff of Herding: After you kill Izual in nightmare, before you kill Diablo, go to town and buy the nightmare Staff of Herding plans for 1 gold (vendor located by the healer/mercenaries)
Note: All these items (besides Wirt’s Bell) are rare or random spawn or even both. So, you may have to do multiple run throughs.
To enable it on higher difficulties you need to find the recipe on that level and pay the blacksmith again. In total you need:
Normal – 150,000 gold.
Nightmare – 200,000 gold.
Hell – 500,000 gold.
Inferno – 1 million gold.
Continue to Page 2 of this guide to find out how to unlock the Secret Pony Level.
Continue Reading on: Page 1 Page 2