This Game of Thrones Game walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this Role-Playing Game on the PC, Xbox 360 & PS3.
The award-winning international book and TV phenomenon…. Now a highly anticipated game developed in collaboration with George R. R. Martin! With this epic new Game of Thrones game, fans will have a chance to not simply read or watch the story, but to take an active role in the riveting drama as it unfolds.
With an original story written under the supervision of George R. R. Martin, Game of Thrones promises to deliver the ultimate interactive role-playing experience for fans. The game is filled with familiar locations straight from the pages of the beloved fantasy saga along with the likeness and voices of several actors portrayed in the hit HBO TV series. Namely James Cosmo and Conleth Hill as Lord Commander Jeor Mormont and Lord Varys, respectively.
Please note that viewers must be at least 18 to watch, so no harm comes to those with innocent eyes. This game includes Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Sexual Content, Strong Language.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Winter Is Coming
- Chapter 2: Family Is Hope…
- Chapter 3: Dark Wings, Dark Words
- Chapter 4: Hear Me Roar
- Chapter 5: Proud To Be Faithful
- Chapter 6: Dead Men Sing No Songs
- “Chapter 7: Here We Stand” Coming Soon
Index of Game of Thrones Game Guides:
- This Page: Game of Thrones Game Walkthrough
- Next Page: Game of Thrones Game Achievements & Trophies Guide
- For Fun: Game of Thrones Game Wallpaper
Game of Thrones Game Walkthrough
In this 30-plus hour role-playing game, players will enter the gritty and medieval fantasy world of Westeros. As one of two original characters with disparate motivations, both former soldiers of Robert’s Rebellion, players will forge alliances and wage battles as they play a pivotal role in the ongoing war for power of the Seven Kingdoms. Their journey will span numerous quests, during which they will interact with many characters and make key decisions that impact the realm.
Standing before the majesty and bitter isolation of the Wall or walking through the streets and alleys of King’s Landing, players will not simply pass by locations and characters integral to the series; they will explore and interact with them, meeting and learning about the people and history that defines them and their importance. Key decisions and major events will have meaningful impact on Westeros, allowing the player to witness how the game world evolves over time based on their actions or inactions.
Moreover, Game of Thrones introduces an innovative “active slowdown tactical combat engine” in which the player can slow but not completely stop the action, forcing them to plan and execute quickly. In this way, combat delivers the intensity, grit, and realism that the books and TV series are known for.
Key Game Features:
- Become a part of the Game of Thrones Saga — Play as multiple characters, embark on numerous quests, and make key decisions that have meaningful impact on Westeros in this 30-plus hour RPG epic!
- An exclusive new adventure dripping with authenticity — For fans hungry for more Game of Thrones content, the game’s story — available nowhere else — opens up another part of George R. R. Martin’s enthralling world, putting players in the shoes of two former soldiers of Robert’s Rebellion who have made choices that led them in different directions. Now, despite divergent goals, they must come together to deal with common enemies, surviving countless battles and foiling the plot that threatens the kingdom.
- Feel time slow in the heat of battle — Combat mirrors the series’ thoughtful approach to war and politics: fighting slows but never stops entirely, forcing the player to make quick, pressured choices before their enemy strikes again.
- Experience an amazing adventure — An all-new adventure in one of the most complete and fascinating universes in medieval-fantasy literature. Game of Thrones is a great Role Playing Game that puts you at the core of a thrilling plot, where your fate will be guided by vengeance, allegiance and honor.
- Two different heroes — Play as two very different heroes across the two main quests leading you to the heart of mythical locations from Westeros. Amidst a background of conspiracy and betrayal, try to survive the orchestrated machinations around the Iron Throne.
- Level up wisely — Develop your characters, learn powerful skills, and participate in tactical and spectacular battles; sharpen your diplomacy skills to sometimes favor speech over violence. But more than anything, beware… all your actions may have heavy consequences on your adventure!
- Three Classes — Choose to play as one of three different classes / combat styles: Landed Knight (defense), Hedge Knight (all-round fighter), and Magnar (melee).
The first half hour of Game of Thrones: The Game is all storytelling through cinematics.
Fifteen years… It’s been fifteen years since you abandoned your family and your lands to walk the icy stones of the Wall, the sole barrier against the darkness that threatens to sweep down from the north. Your crime was choosing to act with integrity in a world divided between those who command and those who serve. In return, you were given another choice, the same choice as all other criminals and traitors in the Seven Kingdoms: death, or a life of exile in the Night’s Watch.
But wouldn’t death have been a far sweeter fate than a life of misery and violence? The outside world has forgotten this desolate place, lost in eternal winter. The Wall slowly drains every last breath from those who patrol it, stealing the last dregs of warmth from their souls.
On this bleak day, after hunting down a deserter, you are returning to the place you now call home: the headquarters of the Night’s Watch, Castle Black.
Mors Westford bio: You are Mors, a ranger in the Night’s Watch, the military order charged with protecting and holding the immense Wall separating the Realm of the Seven Kingdoms from the wild lands to the north. You are tormented by your past. A veteran and hero of Robert Baratheon’s Rebellion, which brought an end to the ancient order, you betrayed your lord. You were forced to leave your family and homeland to go to the Wall, far from the warmth and love of your wife and daughter.
Let’s go through Mors Westford’s combat tutorial at the start of the game and try out the first sidequest called “The Faith of Our Ancestors”.
Game of Thrones: The Game Walkthrough Part 2 of Chapter 1.
Find out more about the “For This Night” chapter.
This guide shows you how to complete the second sidequest in Chapter 1 called “Their Watch is Ending”.
The first chapter ends with the Gorn boss fight. Take him up on his challenge to a duel.
Fifteen years… it’s been fifteen years since you left Riverspring, your family’s ancestral lands. As the firstborn son to Lord Raynald Sarwyck, in the service to the powerful Lannister family, it should have been yours one day.
Instead, you fled Westeros, that nest of vipers constantly conspiring against each other in their endless game of thrones. You turned your back on the past and crossed the narrow sea to live in the Free Cities, far from the webs of intrigue spun by the great families. The religion of R’hllor and its red priests welcomed you, and you are now one of them, although your new faith is not a welcome one in your homeland.
However, your past has caught up with you, and after a long voyage you have returned to the town of your birth, Riverspring.
Alester Sarwyck bio: You are Alester, the son of a powerful lord of the Westerlands. Destined for a brilliant future as a Lord of Riverspring, you went into exile in the Free Cities after Robert Baratheon’s Rebellion, taking refuge in the religion of R’hllor, the god of light and love. You are now a red priest at the temple of Braavos and you have chosen to devote your life to your religion and your god. Contacted by your private tutor, you’re now on your way back to your home town to attend your father’s funeral.
Alester Sarwyck’s past has caught up with him and he now has to face up to those whom he left behind some fifteen years ago.
Game of Thrones: The Game Walkthrough Part 2 of Chapter 2.
Find out more about the “For All The Days Gone By” chapter.
In the second part of this chapter you visit your father’s funeral in the “For All the Days Gone By” quest.
Hint: A gold dragon is worth 210 silver stags, while a silver stag is worth 16 copper groats.
Game of Thrones: The Game Walkthrough Part 3 of Chapter 2.
As we continue the “For All the Days Gone By” quest, we head into town in the middle of revolts. Start by talking to Ryman Sarwyck, then try to reason with the townsfolk to get them on your side to stop the rioting.
Tip: Alester is a priest of R’hllor which means he can manipulate fire. Once you have unlocked a R’hllor ability for your character, you can use fire abilities by pressing the L1 (first left shoulder) button.
Note: The R’hllor ability tree can be accessed through Alester’s character sheet.
Game of Thrones: The Game Walkthrough Part 4 of Chapter 2.
We’re still doing the “For All the Days Gone By” quest, which is mostly talking. Go to the castle entrance to negotiate with Tyrek, the instigator of this uprising.
The Game of Thrones Walkthrough continues on Page 2 with Chapter 3.