The Sega x Capcom x Namco Bandai Mystery Project has been revealed! The developers announced their characters will appear together in the Nintendo 3DS-exclusive Project X Zone. It’s a strategy RPG with fighting scenes!
During the fighting sequences, two characters from each developer studio will fight in teams. According to Famitsu magazine the game is 50% done and set for a 2012 release in Japan. No Western releases were mentioned.
Here are the so far revealed characters pairs:
Not all characters in the game have been announced. The game will also feature hidden characters to unlock.
* Ryu & Ken (Street Fighter 0) have Shoryuken and other fighting moves,
* X and Zero (Mega Man) have X Buster and Z Saber moves,
* Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry),
* Chris and Jill (Resident Evil).
* Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro (Sakura Wars),
* Pai and Akira (Virtua Fighter),
* Kurt and Riela (Valkyria Chronicles),
* Ulala and Touma (Space Channel 5 and Shining Force EXA) has a Tension Blaster move.
* Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars),
* Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken),
* Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga),
* Yurie and Estel (Tales of Vesperia),
* Kaito and Black Rose (.hack).
This isn’t a sequel to the previous crossover strategy RPG, Namco x Capcom on PS2, but instead an all-new title. All the same, take a look at some Namco x Capcom gameplay.
Update: Here’s the first trailer for Project X Zone.
Translation by Andriasang.
Oh and in case you were wondering, it’s pronounced Project Cross Zone.