Reef Entertainment, GMG Play and First Star Software have announced Boulder Dash-XL 3D will be released for the Nintendo 3DS in Europe on July 20th, 2012.
Boulder Dash-XL 3D was developed last summer for Xbox LIVE Arcade and PC by the German developer Catnip Games, and is now ported to the Nintendo 3DS by Ludosity AB. Boulder Dash-XL 3D will be released by GMG Play in the North American market.
In this sequel to the 1984 classic action-puzzler, players set forth as Rockford or Crystal and mine their way through a variety of hazardous, yet stunning, three dimensional caves whilst avoiding crushing boulders and an eerie menagerie of killer creatures.
Key Game Features:
* Dazzling 3D Graphics glisten on Nintendo 3DS
* 4 Varied Gaming Worlds (Ice, Ancient, Reactor, Space)
* 5 Game Modes (Arcade, Puzzle, Zen, Score Attack and Retro)
* Over 150 All New and Exciting Caves to Conquer
* New Scoring mechanics provide an exciting challenge for high score hunters.
* Share unlocks and high score with your friends via StreetPass
Here’s the Boulder Dash-XL showing off the Updated & Retro gameplay. The 3DS game will obviously be in 3D too.
Boulder Dash-XL 3D will be available for £19.99 / €29.99 across Europe. No exact American release date was announced as of yet.