What were the top 10 bestselling games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the games that are the hottest worldwide.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
2. Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
3. Mass Effect – Platinum Hits (Xbox 360)
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
5. Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360)
6. Mario Party 9 (Wii)
7. Mass Effect (PC)
8. Zumba Fitness Rush (Xbox 360 Kinect)
9. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
10. Just Dance 3 (Wii)
Last November Activision pulled off the biggest media launch ever with 9 million copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 sold worldwide in its first 3 weeks in America alone. Crazy as it sounds, that may mean that this year it’s set to have more than 25+ million sales worldwide!
Here’s Modern Warfare 3′s very Hollywood TV commercial.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
2. Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
3. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
4. Professional Baseball Spirits 2012 (PS3)
5. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
6. Monster Hunter 3G (3DS)
7. Professional Baseball Spirits 2012 (PSP)
8. Tokimeki Memorial Girl’s Side Premium: 3rd Story – First Press Limited Edition (PSP)
9. Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing DS: Black Version – Includes Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard (DS)
10. Just Dance Wii (Wii)
Square Enix on Thursday released “Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance” in Japan, exclusively made for the Nintendo 3DS. In the West we’ll have to wait a few more months until Summer 2012 to get our hands on the latest sequel in the action-RPG series.
This is the Japanese Kingdom Hearts 3D TV commercial that ends with the phrase “The adventure continues in in your hands.”
Here’s the Kingdom Hearts 3D Premiere Event the commercial’s footage came from.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
2. Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360)
3. Mass Effect 3 (PS3)
4. FIFA 12 (Xbox 360)
5. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm – Generations (PS3)
6. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm – Generations (Xbox 360)
7. FIFA Street (Xbox 360)
8. FIFA Street (PS3)
9. Gears of War 3 (Xbox 360)
10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
Mass Effect 3 is the final game in the Mass Effect Trilogy. Being highly anticipated, and still getting plenty of exposure weeks after release because of its ending controversy, EA is quickly selling through the 3.5 million copies it shipped worldwide.
Here’s the game’s live-action TV commercial.
To recap the top games per system:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is hot this week on the Xbox 360 & PS3 charts.
- Mass Effect returns fans to the start of the Trilogy via the PC chart.
- Mario Party 9 parties hard on the Wii chart.
- Super Mario 3D Land returns on 1st place on the 3DS chart.
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss climbs atop the PS Vita chart.
- The Sims 3: Pets entertains many households according to the Mac chart.
- Radiant Historia shows up on the DS chart.
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep takes top spot on the PSP chart.
- And lastly, Kingdom Hearts appears on the PS2 chart, where it’s been for almost 10 years!