This Silent Hill Downpour walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy and puzzle solving tips for this Survival Horror game on the Xbox 360 & PS3.
Return to the horror and desolate town in Silent Hill: Downpour. Marking its return to next-generation consoles, Silent Hill: Downpour delivers a completely original storyline, new soundtrack and more haunting moments that are sure to make your spine tingle.
Please note that viewers must be at least 18 to watch, so no harm comes to those with innocent eyes. This game includes Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes, Strong Language.
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Intro
- Part 2: Devil’s Pit
- Part 3: The Otherworld
- Part 4: Safe Puzzle
- Part 5: Screamer Monster
- Part 6: Jail Break
- Part 7: Pit Aerial Tram
- Part 8: Bat’s Lament Falls
- Part 9: Water Wheels Puzzle
- Part 10: Weeping Bat Monster
- Part 11: Scary Mine Train
- Part 12: Aristocrat Monster
- Part 13: When It Rains
- Part 14: The Noose
- Part 15: Howard The Mailman
- Part 16: Bank Mystery
- Part 17: Parole Papers
- Part 18: The First Encounter
- Part 19: Doll Monster
- Part 20: Office Envelopes Puzzle
- Part 21: The Wheelchair
- Part 22: DJ Ricks
- Part 23: Murphy’s Manly Screams
- Part 24: The Wheelman
- Part 25: Movie Theater
- Part 26: Longest Chase Ever
- Part 27: Underground Subway
- Part 28: Calling All Cars
- Part 29: Too Far Out
- Part 30: St. Marias Monastery
- Part 31: Bogeyman Nursery Rhyme
- More Coming Soon
Index of Silent Hill Downpour Guides:
- This Page: Silent Hill Downpour Walkthrough
- Next Page: Silent Hill Downpour Passwords, Codes & Cheats List
- Next Page: Silent Hill Downpour Achievements & Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Silent Hill Downpour Art Paintings Locations Guide
- Next Page: Silent Hill Downpour Mysteries Locations Guide
- Next Page: Silent Hill Downpour Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Silent Hill Downpour Ending
Silent Hill Downpour Walkthrough
Staying true to the franchise’s original roots, this eighth installment of the Silent Hill franchise returns with an all new thought-provoking horror storyline. Players will once again find themselves face to face with their deepest sins and fears in the strange world of Silent Hill. The survival horror experience begins after a prison transport vehicle careens off the road, leaving lone inmate Murphy Pendleton stranded in Silent Hill. Gamers will encounter mind-bending puzzles, as well as horrific creatures and other world terrors using everyday objects from wooden chairs to glass bottles to fend off their enemies. The natural response, fight or flight is left to the player as they unravel a dark, thought-provoking storyline which will appeal to fans of the early, classic Silent Hill series, as well as anyone who enjoys a deep, psychological horror experience. In addition to the main storyline, players will also be presented with variable side quests along the way that can change depending on their play style, revealing unknown evils within the town.
Having been behind bars for years, and receiving an extended sentence once already, Murphy Pendleton has become a liability during his stay at Ryall State Prison. Due to his storied past at Ryall, he is being transferred to Wayside Maximum Security Penitentiary. During his trip to his new gray-bar home, your bus is involved in a horrific accident. Once the twisted carnage of your prison transport bus comes to a stop, you are able to assess the situation. You find yourself stranded in the foggy woods near the town of Silent Hill. Knowing that this may be his one shot at freedom, Murphy sets off to explore the desolate town. Despite the town seeming vast and empty, he can’t help but feel claustrophobic and that someone — or some thing — is watching him.
Take on the role of Murphy Pendleton, who finds himself alone and lost in the woods outside the lonely town. Explore the all-new environment that is expansive while feeling claustrophobic at the same time. Experience the bone-chilling terror of Silent Hill with vivid and spectacular visuals that are powered by Unreal 3 technology, bringing the town of Silent Hill, its characters, creatures and horrific world to life. Freely roam, explore the town and venture into all-new side quests that unlock new areas, special items and bonus content. Immerse yourself in the terror with an ever-changing game world that includes a day and night Normal world and an Otherworld world that are created from your actions during the gameplay. Understand that you are never truly alone in Silent Hill.
Key Game Features:
- Experience the spine-tingling chills and psychological terror while exploring the sleepy town of Silent Hill as Murphy Pendleton.
- Uncover the deep and dark storyline of the latest Silent Hill thriller.
- Immerse yourself in the desolate town of Silent Hill with intense visuals powered by Unreal 3 technology that bring the town, characters, creatures and alternate hell to life.
- Unlock new game areas, special items and bonus content by venturing into all-new side quests.
- Explore the ever-changing game world that features day and night Normal world and Otherworld world that are manifested and sourced from character actions throughout the game.
- Get closer to the action with 3D technology for the first time ever.
- Lose yourself in the desolate and terrifying town with renowned story and music talent, including Silent Hill comic writer, Tom Waltz, original music directed and composed by Dan Licht and the theme song performed by hard-rock group, Korn.
Tip: Punching creatures can buy you time to escape, but it’s not an effective killing method.
Tags: Silent Hill: Downpour