Our Street Fighter X Tekken walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this fighting game on the Xbox 360, PS3, and later on PC & PS Vita.
Street Fighter X Tekken is a crossover fighting game featuring tag-team style combat between two-character teams of fighters from the Street Fighter and Tekken game universes. The initial game in the new series, Street Fighter X Tekken features dozens of playable characters from both of the storied franchises, as well as the option to use familiar button control schemes from both. Additional important Street Fighter X Tekken features include: exclusive additional fighters, customization of attacks through the “Gem System,” a co-op training mode, the ability to tag in a teammate and briefly attack in unison, simultaneous two-on-two four-player battles.
Please note that viewers must be at least 13 to watch, so no harm comes to those with innocent eyes. This game includes Alcohol Reference, Crude Humor, Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence.
Table of Contents
- Yoshinori Ono Introduction
- Tips & History
- Battle System Breakdown
- Tekken Guide to Street Fighter
- Street Fighter Guide to Tekken
- Fighter Tutorials
- Challenge Tutorial
- System Mechanics & Meter Usage
- Pandora & Gems System
- Combos & Modes
- Online Ranked Games
Index of Street Fighter X Tekken Guides:
- This Page: Street Fighter X Tekken Walkthrough
- Next Page: Street Fighter X Tekken Unlockable Characters
- Next Page: Street Fighter X Tekken Achievements & Trophies Guide
Street Fighter X Tekken Walkthrough
Welcome to Street Fighter X Tekken, where Street Fighter and Tekken series’ stalwarts Ryu, Chun-Li, Kazuya Mishima and Nina Williams headline a memorable cast of your favorite fighters in a tag battle dream match for the ages! Street Fighter X Tekken (SFXT) is a 2 vs. 2 tag team-based fighting game where players can freely tag in and out between partners. The game promises to marry the styles of both a 2D and 3D fighting game for a fresh take on the genre!
Fans from each series will also be able to play with either Street Fighter’s traditional 6 button layout or Tekken’s 4 button layout!
Players who are new to either series will be able to join in on the fun with an easy-to-understand battle system that promises excitement and countless hours of fun.
The long awaited dream match-up between the two leaders in the fighting genre becomes a reality. Street Fighter X Tekken delivers the ultimate tag team match up featuring iconic characters from each franchise, and one of the most robust character line ups in fighting game history. With the addition of new gameplay mechanics, the acclaimed fighting engine from Street Fighter IV has been refined to suit the needs of both Street Fighter and Tekken players alike. Street Fighter X Tekken also sees the introduction of the innovative Gem system, a strategic new way to customize and enhance the fighting experience.
Key Game Features:
- Dream Match Up – Dozens of playable characters including Rolento, Zangief, Cammy, Sagat, Hugo, Ibuki, Poison, Dhalsim, Ryu, Ken, Guile, Abel, Balrog, Juri, Vega and Chun-Li from Street Fighter as well as Heihachi, Lili, Julia, Hwoarang, Raven, Kuma, Yoshimitsu, Steve, Kazuya, Nina, King, Marduk, Bob, Law, Paul and Xiaoyu from Tekken.
- Real-time Tag Battle – Fight as a team of two and switch between characters strategically.
- Gem System – A brand new feature that combines customization with strategy, the Gems add an extra level of depth and provide a pioneering way to experience fighting games. A total of 57 Gems (5 Assist and 52 Boost) come standard in the game and players have the ability to equip three different Gems that improve upon weaknesses or capitalize on strengths.
- Briefing Room – Get your combos and timing just right with help from your friends in this online training mode.
- Scramble Mode – Four separate players, online or offline, control each of the four characters on screen for the ultimate battle royale.
- Pandora Mode – Sacrifice yourself in battle to give your partner a short, but powerful, boost in strength.
- Familiar Controls – In Street Fighter X Tekken, controls will feel familiar for fans of both series.
- Juggle System – Toss your foes into Tekken-style juggles with Street Fighter X Tekken’s universal air launching system.
- Cross Assault – By using the Cross Gauge, a player can activate Cross Assault and attack with both of their characters at the same time.
- Super Art Attacks – Using the Cross Gauge you can immediately unleash a Super Art. Ryu’s famed Shinku Hadoken, Kazuya’s Devil Beam as well as the Tekken characters all have original Super Art techniques.
- Robust Online Modes – In addition to the online features from Super Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter X Tekken features totally upgraded online functionality, new smoother netcode and some extra surprises.
- Exclusive Characters – PS3 and PS Vita players enjoy a variety of exclusive fighter characters including Cole MacGrath from InFamous, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Sony feline video game personalities Toro & Kuro.
Street Fighter X Tekken gameplay presentation by the fighting game’s producer Yoshinori Ono with commentary tips. This 15 minute presentation covers the new gem system as well as the 3 pillars of gameplay that the game is set to offer players. A great introduction for old and new players alike.
These are introductory tips to Street Fighter X Tekken, with some history thrown in for good measure, by pro gamer Maximilian.
Street Fighter X Tekken’s Battle System gets broken down and fully explained in this video walkthrough of all the game’s features, including the Gem system, Cross Gauge (Launchers, Cross Rush, Super Charge, Cross Cancel, Switch Cancel, EX Special Moves), Cross Gauge 2 (Super Arts), Cross Gauge 3 (Cross Arts, Cross Assault), and Pandora mode.
The basic rundown for 3D Tekken fans of 2D Street Fighter.
A brief overview for Street Fighter fans of what Tekken is all about.
Tags: Street Fighter x Tekken