Medal of Honor is back with Medal of Honor Warfighter and once again puts you in the boots of today’s most precise and disciplined warriors aka warfighters. This time however, you’re going global. The first-person shooter will be available from October 23rd, 2012 on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.
Powered by Frostbite 2, Medal of Honor Warfighter promises to deliver an aggressive, gritty, and authentic experience that puts gamers in the boots of today’s most precise and disciplined warriors in an up close and personal look at today’s battlefield and the fight against the ongoing global terror threat. Inspired by actual events, and written by Tier 1 Operators while deployed overseas. When an extremely deadly explosive (PETN) penetrates civilian borders, Preacher and his fellow teammates are sent in to solve the problem. Hunt down the global threat and take the fight to the enemy.
Here’s the first Medal of Honor: Warfighter trailer.
Key Medal of Honor Warfighter features include:
- Dotted Line to Real World Events – From rescuing hostages in Abu Sayyaf’s stronghold in Basilan, Philippines to assaulting Al-Shabaab’s “Pirate Town” on the Somali Coast, gamers step into the boots of Tier 1 Operators as they hunt down the global threat of PETN. Medal of Honor Warfighter is the only game that gives players a view into these real world events and lets them experience the action as it might have unfolded.
- The Power of Frostbite 2 – Leveraging the power of the ground-breaking Frostbite 2 engine, Medal of Honor Warfighter delivers incredible video and audio fidelity to enhance the intensity of the battle and deliver this year’s most authentic war experience.
- War is Personal for the Entire Family – Medal of Honor Warfighter goes beyond the battlefield and reveals the heartbreaking side of war, told through the eyes of military families. With a story written by Operators from this community, Medal of Honor Warfighter unveils intimate insights into the sacrifices of the warriors on the ground – and their families.
- National Pride Online with Global Tier 1 – Internationally, allied military forces also possess their own elite units with similar capabilities. With Medal of Honor Warfighter gamers can represent their nation’s Tier 1 Operators on the global battlefield. For the first time, the Medal of Honor brand introduces multi-national Tier 1 blue-vs-blue team play where the world’s best of the best warriors go head-to-head in combat. The game features 12 different Tier 1 units from a variety of nations including the British SAS, Australian SASR, German KSK and Polish GROM.
- One Studio, One Vision – Developed by Danger Close Games in Los Angeles, California, Medal of Honor Warfighter sees the return of key development leads who helped reboot the multi-platinum hit in 2010. The core team is bolstered by industry veterans who hail from DICE, Treyarch and more. Together, this team is united behind a single vision for the game – authenticity, respect and honor for today’s warfighters, with real emotion, real threats and a game designed to highlight the extraordinary nature of the material.