Here’s the official Assassin’s Creed 3 Reveal Trailer! Ubisoft confirmed Assassin’s Creed III will hit store shelves on October 31, 2012, encouraging gamers to experience the American Revolutionary War not written about in history books. The trailer reveals the game’s brand new hero…
With a development cycle of over three years and twice the production capacity of any previous Ubisoft game, Assassin’s Creed III is set to release on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and is also in development for the Nintendo Wii U. Assassin’s Creed III is the largest project ever developed by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with six other Ubisoft studios.
Set against the backdrop of the American Revolution in the late 18th century, Assassin’s Creed III introduces a brand new hero, Ratohnaké:ton, of Native American and English heritage. Adopting the name Connor, he becomes the new voice for justice in the ancient war between the Assassins and Templars. Players become an Assassin in the war for liberty against ruthless tyranny in the most stylized and fluid combat experiences in the franchise to date. Assassin’s Creed III spans the Revolutionary War, taking gamers from the vibrant, untamed frontier to bustling colonial towns and the intense, chaotic battlefields where George Washington’s Continental Army clashed with the imposing British Army.
Assassin’s Creed III is powered by Ubisoft-AnvilNext, a revolutionary new game engine that delivers breakthroughs in visual quality, character models and artificial intelligence. Assassin’s Creed III will feature a ground-breaking level of stunning graphics that bring Colonial America to life.
“Assassin’s Creed III features the franchise’s most expansive setting so far, along with an exciting new hero and exponentially more gameplay,” said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer at Ubisoft. “Whether you’re a longtime fan of Assassin’s Creed or if you’re new to the franchise, you’re going to be blown away by the scale and marvel of Assassin’s Creed III.”
Additional Assassin’s Creed III details can be found in exclusive cover features in the next issues of Official Xbox Magazine (20th March), Official Playstation Magazine (20th March) and Nintendo Gamer (23rd March).
New artwork from Assassin’s Creed III also will be featured in Assassin’s Creed Recollection, the real-time board game available for free on the iPad.
Key Game Features:
- Eliminate your foes with an expanded arsenal of weaponry including Bows, Pistols, the Tomahawk and the signature blade of the Assassin’s Order.
- Explore densely populated cities, situated along the vast wilderness of a dangerous frontier, abundant with wildlife.
- An all new game engine delivers the brutality and beauty of a nation caught in an epic war for independence.
- A collector’s edition of Assassin’s Creed III will be available. More details about it will be unveiled by the end of March.
- 18th Century North America. After more than 20 years of conflict, the 13 American colonies and the British Crown are on the brink of all out war. Battle lines are drawn. Bloodshed is inevitable.
- Out of the embers of his burning village, a new assassin will rise. Born of Mohawk and British descent, his fight for freedom and justice will be forged in the flames of revolution.
I don’t know about you guys and girls, but to me AC3 looks like it’s going to be freaking amazing! 😀