What were the top 10 bestselling games in America, Japan, and Europe? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the games that are the hottest worldwide.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Xbox 360)
2. Just Dance 3 (Wii)
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
5. Kinect Adventures with Kinect Sensor (Xbox 360 Kinect)
6. Zumba Fitness (Wii)
7. Radiant Historia (DS)
8. Rocksmith (PS3)
9. Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure: Zap (3DS, Wii, PS3, Xbox 360)
10. Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure: Wrecking Ball (Wii)
EA debuts the open world action-RPG Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning this week. It’s been given a warm welcome by critics, no doubt leading fans of the genre to pick it up as their Xbox 360 game-of-the-week.
Here’s the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning TV commercial.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Gravity Daze: Gravitational Dizziness (PS Vita)
2. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
3. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
4. Monster Hunter 3G (3DS)
5. Just Dance Wii (Wii)
6. Resident Evil Revelations (3DS)
7. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
8. Once in love … and Guam AKB1/48 Idol – Limited Edition: Be left in the auction, please! BOX (PSP)
9. Momoko Otani including bathing poster and soundtrack CD (PSP)
10. Gran Turismo 5 Spec II (PS3)
Sony released the PlayStation Vita-exclusive gravity-defying game Gravity Daze, which in two weeks time will be known to us Westerners as Gravity Rush. Released in Japan this week, its unique action/adventure/rpg gameplay is causing it to sell incredibly well, debuting the game #1 on the overall charts.
Sony’s director of the Forbidden Siren series serves as the creative director on this gravity-controlling game. The game touts some seriously slick visual presentation, and let’s not to forget about the storytelling being done via interactive comics.
Here’s the game’s fantastic extended TV commercial from Japan.
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Zumba Fitness (Wii)
2. Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure: Triple Character Pack – Double Trouble, Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant (Wii/PS3/Xbox 360/PC)
3. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Wii)
4. Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360)
5. Football Manager 2012 (PC/Mac)
6. Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure – Triple Character Pack – Chop Chop and Bash and Eruptor (Wii/PS3/Xbox 360/PC)
7. Just Dance 3: Special Edition (Wii)
8. Saints Row: The Third (Xbox 360)
9. Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure – Adventure Pack – Empire of Ice Adventure Pack (Wii/PS3/Xbox 360/PC)
10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
6 Million copies of the Zumba Fitness dance series have been sold so far. The games have been popular for over year now, and in 2012 everyone once again wants to stay fit. The sequel, Zumba Fitness 2, that appeared on Wii last year, is out on Xbox 360 Kinect as Zumba Fitness Rush now too.
Here’s the launch trailer for Zumba Fitness 2.
To recap the top games per system:
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is at the top of the Xbox 360 chart.
- Just Dance 3’s stardom stays #1 on the Wii chart.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is at the top of the PS3 chart.
- Mario Kart 7 finishes on 1st place on the 3DS chart.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic is now at the top of the PC chart.
- Gravity Rush debuts on the PS Vita chart (in Japan).
- The Sims 3: Pets remains at the top of the Mac chart.
- Radiant Historia shows up on the DS chart.
- Kingdom Hearts appears on the PS2 chart, where it’s been for 10 years now.
- And lastly, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII takes top spot on the PSP chart.