That was an open question that hadn’t been put to the “real-life” test, until now.
A new video directly compares how the PS Vita stacks up to the 3DS, and shows you the results in real-time. Naturally the video is sped up to 60 times, and eventually 100 times, so we aren’t actually waiting around for hours. Overall the video is only 9 minutes long.
Here were the specifics of the test, all of them are Japanese models (all set to highest brightness and volume):
– The PlayStation Vita test was done using the 3G model (which is the same as the Wi-Fi) and uses a standard 2210mAh battery, playing on an Uncharted: Golden Abyss PS Vita Card.
– The 3DS is a “Zelda 25th Anniversary” edition that runs on a standard 1300mAh battery, playing Monster Hunter 3G. The 3D is set to max.
– The PSP is a PSP-3000 Hunters Model using an expanded 2200mAh battery, playing a Monster Hunter Portable 3rd UMD that has been installed.
And the winner is!
1. PSP (9 hour battery life)
2. PS Vita (3 hour, 47 minutes battery life)
3. 3DS (2 hour, 35 minutes battery life)
Thanks to kurekureyon for the video.