This Battlefield 3 walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of Xbox 360, PS3 & PC gameplay with strategy tips for this highly anticipated war FPS.
Battlefield 3 has been built from the ground up to provide an adrenaline-field, visceral attack on your senses with first-person combat that the developers promise is unlike any FPS before it. Battlefield 3 runs on the new Frostbite 2 game engine that creates
advanced destruction, real-to-life sound, and high-fidelity graphics that must be seen to be believed. And previous fans of the franchise will be right at home with classic Battlefield mission-based gameplay, an impressive amount of rideable vehicles such as Jets and Tanks, large-scale multiplayer and single-player maps, an updated Soldier Class, and 2-24-player online support.
Battlefield 3 is rated M for Mature. So please note that viewers must be at least 17 years old or older to watch, so no harm comes to those with innocent eyes. This game includes Blood, Intense Violence, and Strong Language.
Table of Contents
- Mission 1: Semper Fidelis
- Mission 2: Operation Swordbreaker
- Mission 3: Uprising
- Mission 4: Going Hunting
- Mission 5: Operation Guillotine
- Mission 6: Comrades
- Mission 7: Thunder Run
- Mission 8: Fear No Evil
- Mission 9: Nightshift
- Mission 10: Rock and a Hard Place
- Mission 11: Kaffarov
- Mission 12: The Great Destroyer
Index of Battlefield 3 Guides:
- This Page: Battlefield 3 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Battlefield 3 Co-op Missions Walkthrough Video Guide
- Next Page: Battlefield 3 Achievements & Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Battlefield 3 Unique Co-op Weapons Guide
- Next Page: Battlefield 3 Easter Eggs & Secrets
- For Fun: Battlefield 3 DLC Free-For-All
- For Fun: Battlefield 3 Wallpaper
Battlefield 3 Walkthrough
Return to the Battlefield
Head straight into the heart of modern warfare by commanding a team of Elite US Marines on a heart-pounding mission-based across a diverse number of environments from across the world including Paris, Tehran and New York. Besides the intense ground combat, players get to command vehicles including Tanks and Air Support, and make use of high-technology including Infrared and Satellite Imaging. Battlefield 3 offers both single-player missions to tackle and competitive and co-operative multiplayer modes with up to 24-players supported online.
The State-of-the-art Frostbite 2 Engine
The extremely powerful Frostbite 2 engine delivers the cutting-edge foundation that allows Battlefield 3 to leap over the competition with state-of-the-art and superior visuals and sound on a grand scale. Massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly life-like character animations will impress all. As bullets barely whiz-by your head, players contend with crumbling walls and buildings all along, and explosions that will rock your world and toss you violently to the ground. Battlefield has come alive and is more interactive than ever before!
Key Game Features:
- The Frostbite 2 Game Engine – Introducing the Frostbite 2, an incredible game engine with amazing power that drives forward incredible animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio, taking the whole shebang to new heights. Built on this foundation, Battlefield 3 will immerse players emotionally and physically in a world that’s more interactive and deep than ever before.
- Feel the Battle – Players will feel the impact of bullets, crumbling debre, explosions and the horrors of war that unfold all around them. Drag your fallen comrades to safety, mount your weapons and fight across a range of diverse environments.
- Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare – What has long been hailed as one of the best online vehicle warfare multiplayer experience, has just gotten even better. Sonic Booms screech from fighter jets overhead as an impressive lineup of vehicles rage across land, sea and air. All of which are commandable at your fingertips!
- Urban Combat – Intense ground combat takes place across the United States, Europe and the Middle East through claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes through a new war of tomorrow.
- Multiplayer Mayhem – Battlefield 3 features 2-24 Player Online Battles that will grip you to the core.
- Amazing Animation – Animation has been taken to a whole new level via ANT Technology (previously used in FIFA games) which allows the creation of more believable behavior and realistic movements than ever before in an FPS.
- Fight to Scale – Battlefield 3 promises some of the largest maps and open environments ever created, promise the developers.
- Massive Destruction – The level of destruction on offer in Battlefield 3 is unparalleled, and has been enhanced on both the micro and macro level to deliver an authentic, realistic world. Blocks of concrete have individual chips busted off as they are hit with bullets and degenerate, and whole buildings collapse as the ground shakes below your feet. Sending screeching clouds of dust and debre flying through the air and changing the very landscape around you.
- Best-in-Class Audio – Battlefield 3 builds on the realistic sound of previous games with acclaimed High Dynamic Range (HDR) audio from previous Battlefield games, enhanced and build on to create dynamic and extremely realistic soundscapes.
Once you have finished the cut-scene, you will be on a train, in front of you there will be a weapon for you to pick up.
Once you have your weapon in hand, you will need to shoot the enemies who are located in the train cabin. Once you have shot the first couple of enemies, you will need to make your way through the cabin of the train into the second cabin.
Make your way under the ladder and be ready to take on 3 enemies who will be located just ahead of you.
After you have taken them out you will need to make your way to the end of the cabin, once you have made it to the end of the cabin, you will need to take the gun that is jamming the handle, you will need to press the correct button for your console of choice to release the gun from the door.
Once through the door, you will be able to use the gun to take down the enemies you will encounter next.
Heading forward and make your way round the corner, you will have a confrontation with the enemy, to get the enemy off of you, you will need to press the correct button for the console you are playing on.
Once you have kicked him out of the train, you will be able to get your hands on a new weapon, once you have picked up your new weapon you will need to get to the enemy located in the next cabin, you will need to follow your blue diamond marker as the enemy has stuck a bomb onto the window of the cabin.
Jump over onto the ledge and head up onto the top of the cabin.
Once you have made it to the top, you will need to take down the two enemies on the cabin and then make your way forward, you will come across another explosion.
Crouch through the newly opened hole where that the explosion made and take out the enemies that will be aiming for you.
Once you have taken down the enemies, you will need to keep following your marker and head through the door.
Watch out as there will be an ambush and a gun will be placed at your head.
Tags: Battlefield 3