How to find the Secret Bonus Level? The Ride is a secret level, which is very difficult to get to! Here’s a check list of things to do…
You’ll first need to collect 84 Gold Bricks, in order to assemble the bricks next to the cannons in the Tavern area into a gold mast, which will open The Ride level. So revisit this area once you have:
- Completed all 20 levels in Story mode;
- Earned True Pirate in all 20 levels. Smash everything for studs. Use Red Hat Treasure 2x or higher to get this easily. For hat multipliers you can use our Red Hats locations guide;
- Collected all 200 Ships in a Bottle Minikits. For this you can use our Ships in a Bottle Minikits locations guide;
- Found all 160 compass items. Finish the game in Story mode once first, then in Freeplay the game will give you the best characters to complete a level with, these will allow you to access all the hidden areas that will be pointed out by the compass.
You will need to complete this secret level in order to get the 85 and final Gold Brick. Once you have built the gold mast that needs 84 Gold Bricks, walk up the stairs and head through the back passageway that was blocked by a gold gate. This gold gate is the entrance to The Ride.
Here’s The Ride walkthrough:
The Ride has 3 different areas:
- The first area you must defeat 2 enemies from the cursed Black Pearl crew and then finally Captain Barbossa. Once you defeat Captain Barbossa, the gate opens to allow you to continue. Get in the boat and head to the 2nd area.
- At the 2nd area of The Ride you will face the Flying Dutchman crew. Defeat the 2 of them and then defeat Davy Jones. Once you defeat him, get on the next boat and head towards the finally, 3rd area.
- At the final area of The Ride you will face the crew of the Queen Anneâ€™s Revenge. Afterwards you will need to defeat her captain, Blackbeard. Once you have defeated him, get back on the boat and exit the level to earn the final 85th Gold Brick. (If you’re on Xbox 360/PS3 it’ll earn you the “Take What You Can” Achievement/Trophy.)
It’s shown how beat the level in Bob‘s video above.
How are you able to free the crab in Port Royal?
You will need to use a character that is able to go under water to free the crab.
How can you open the Silver Chest in London Town?
You will need to use Marty’s Gun to open the chest.
How do you jump on a barrel?
You need to use the same button to control your character to jump onto the barrel.
How do you get through the small doors?
You will need to use Marty to get through the small doors.
How do you change your character?
You will need to press the Y button on your Xbox 360 controller (Triangle button on PS3) to bring up your character roster.
Where can i get the 2 items in “A Touch of Destiny”?
You will need to feel the alligator three times instead of blowing him up. Second, you will need to head to the next area and use the compass to find the fish.
Which character do you need to destroy thing object?
You will need to use Marty.
What is the Hub Area / Village?
The Hub Village will serve as a safe point for your scared adventurers. You will be able to head over to the hub and check on your process. You will also be able to restart missions and buy some new characters and items.
What is the Souvenir Shop?
You will be able to stop at the Souvenir Shop to have a look at what you have completed. Such as the bottles in a mission. Once you have collect all of the TEN BOTTLES in a mission your will be rewarded with a small item.
What is the Dock?
You will be able to head to the dock if you would like to see how your progress is coming along with the game. You will need to use the Dockmaster’s book to have a look to see how far along you are along. This will also include your playing time. Make your way to the docked ship, this will allow you to select your available missions.
What is the Tailor Shop?
When you arrive at the Tailor shop, you will be able to pick out : Outfits, equipment such as weapons and change your abilities. This will allow you to build your perfect adventurer.
What is the Tavern?
When you visit the Tavern, you will be able to have a look at the cinematics or buy a few new items. You will be able to come back to the Tavern when you need to spend some of your studs. There are Characters and Hints available to buy.
When you return to port you can buy characters as they are walking around, walk into them and you’ll see a button above their heads (on Xbox 360 it’s B & on PS3 it’s Circle) and then you can purchase them. For certain pirates, you’ll need to fight them first before you can buy them.
Where can you find the Tavern?
You will be able to find the Tavern if you go through the left hand gate from the port. You can only enter the Tavern if you have collected 12 Gold Bricks.
What is Story Mode?
Playing the Story Mode will fill you with the adventures of Elizabeth Swann, Jack Sparrow and many more famous characters. When playing in Story Mode, you will be able to use each of the characters to play the missions. In the Story Mode there are many little collectables hiding around. Once you have finished playing Story mode, you will be able to unlock some more new characters. You will be able to revisit the same scenes when you come back and play in Free Play.
What is Free Play?
Once you have completed your game, you will be able to revisit your completed game! You will be able to combine your characters to figure out the new access areas. You will also be able to get your hands on some new collectables that have been hidden.
Before you start your Free Play game, you will be able to select a character from your roster, the character you choose will be able to help you through your Free Play missions.
How is progress tracked?
Before you start a new mission, you will be able to have a look at the progress you have made in the previous mission. You’ll also be able to track it by looking it up in the Hub Area / Village.
Where are Ship Bottles?
In each of the games’ 20 missions you will be able to collect 10 ship bottles. That means you will be able to collect 200 ship bottles total. There are 10 ship bottles in each mission, and these “Ships In A Bottle” pieces are what in previous Lego games were called Minikits.
What is True Pirate?
In Story Mode and Free Play, you will be able to collect studs, these studs will fill the True Pirate bar at the top of the screen. If you have filled the bar by the end of the mission you have completed your True Pirate mission.
Where are the Red Bricks?
In Lego Pirates the Red Bricks have been renamed to Red Hats to fit the theme of Pirates of the Caribbean. In each of the missions, there is ONE Red Brick / Hat. You will need to collect the 20 Red Bricks / Hats to unlock particular characters. This is when you will need to head back over to the Tavern to purchase your Characters.
Where can I get Characters?
When you start your game, you will only have a handful of character to play with. You will be rewarded some of the characters when you have good progress through the game. You will need to buy most of your characters from the Tavern.
In each mission there are four Character Tokens, these tokens are hidden throughout the game. Once you have collect a Character Token you will be able to head over to the Tavern and purchase a newly unlocked character. There are 64 Character Tokens to collect. They are very important to expand your character roster.
What kind of Equipment and Abilities are in the game?
Sword: Having your sword is a great weapon, characters who have swords will only be able to activate switches or initiate duels. Switches will only be able to be activated by character with a sword. The character with the sword will automatically use the sword to make a makeshift lever.
Dueling: When you come across another character that has a sword it will appear above the enemy. You will need to accept the challenge. If you accept your dueling challenge with your enemy, you will need to follow your on screen instruction to attack your enemy. Every time you attack your enemy, your enemy will lose one of their hearts. If you defeat all your enemies hearts you will win this duel!
Duel Wield: Some of the Characters have a skill which will allow them to wield two swords at a time. This will allow the characters to use the swords to climb the walls.
Throwing Weapons: Throwing Weapons are a basic attack weapons. Some of the characters will be able to use spears and grenades. You will need to aim for the target and use your weapons to hit it. These weapons are not only good for targeting, they are also very useful under the right attack!.
Pistol and Muskets: These weapons allow the characters to have a great range attack. Characters that are holding these weapons will be able to shoot targets. If you hold your attack button, this will activate a targeting reticule. You will be able to move it across three targets at a time. Let go of the button and take down the enemies.
Compass: You will be able to use the compass to find objects that are hidden. Activate your compass and follow the needle. This will locate your hidden object to its EXACT location.
Do you have problems getting the compass to work?
1. Zizzybob called customer service and got this answer: When using the compass you cannot be directly on top of, or even too near to the markers on the ground.
2. We personally found that holding down the compass button and pushing toward the desired item until a blue ring surrounds it worked best, but we should say it was very hit and miss.
What Achievements / Trophies get unlocked in Story Mode?
By playing through the entire game you should unlock the following Achievements just by finishing the Story Mode in either Single Player or Cooperative Mode when playing with a buddy. There are also several others that you are likely to unlock.
* Welcome to the Caribbean! (12G Achievement/Bronze Trophy) – Complete Port Royal.
* The Curse of the Black Pearl (20G Achievement/Bronze Trophy) – Complete the Film 1 story.
* Dead Man’s Chest (20G Achievement/Bronze Trophy) -Complete the Film 2 story.
* At World’s End (20G Achievement/Bronze Trophy) – Complete the Film 3 story.
* On Stranger Tides (20G Achievement/Bronze Trophy) – Complete the Film 4 story.
* The Green Flash (15G Achievement/Bronze Trophy) – Watch a sunset.
* A Weather Eye On the Horizon (15G Achievement/Bronze Trophy) – Use a spyglass.
* More What You’d Call Guidelines (15G Achievement/Bronze Trophy) – Complete the Brethren Court.
* Sea Turtles, Mate (25G Achievement/Silver Trophy) – Ride on all types of animals in the game.
* You Filthy, Slimy, Mangy Cur! (15G Achievement/Bronze Trophy) – Complete all the Guard Dog levels.
Our Lego Pirates of the Caribbean walkthrough has been fully updated to make sure you can play through to the ending of the game. — Thanks for visiting!
Got any questions? Ask us in the comments section below.