Index of Mortal Kombat 2011 Guides:
- This Page: Mortal Kombat 2011 Alternate Costumes Guide
- New Page: Mortal Kombat 2011 Walkthrough Video Guide
- New Page: Mortal Kombat 2011 Fatalities & Babalities Guide
- New Page: How To Unlock Mortal Kombat 2011 Characters
- New Page: Mortal Kombat 2011 Krypt Guide
- New Page: Mortal Kombat 2011 Versus Screen Codes List
- New Page: Mortal Kombat 2011 Achievements & Trophies Guide
- For Fun: Mortal Kombat: Legacy Episode 1
- For Fun: Mortal Kombat 2011 Wallpapers
Here is the list of Alternate Outfits and what Krypt chest unlocks them. Click to see an pic of the costume).
1. Baraka – Deadlands Chest #40
2. Cyrax – Meadow of Despair Chest #6
3. Ermac – Bloodmarsh Chest #68
4. Jade – Bloodmarsh Chest #50
5. Jax – Meadow of Despair Chest #36
6. Johnny Cage – Deadlands Chest #15
7. Kabal – Deadlands Chest #88
8. Kano – Meadow of Despair Chest #25
9. Kitana – Deadlands Chest #69
10. Kung Lao – Bloodmarsh Chest #38
11. Liu Kang – Hollow of Infestation Chest #8
12. Mileena – Hollow of Infestation Chest #33
13. Nightwolf – Deadlands Chest #110
14. Noob Saibot – Bloodmarsh Chest #5
15. Quan Chi – Deadlands Chest #63
16. Raiden – Meadow of Despair Chest #14
17. Reptile – Deadlands Chest #7
18. Scorpion – Deadlands Chest #119
19. Sektor – Deadlands Chest #47
20. Shang Tsung – Deadlands Chest #101
21. Sheeva – Deadlands Chest #28
22. Sindel – Bloodmarsh Chest #19
23. Smoke – Bloodmarsh Chest #82
24. Sonya – Hollow of Infestation Chest #22
25. Stryker – Deadlands Chest #56
26. Sub Zero – Meadow of Despair Chest #54
27. Mileena’s 3rd Alternate Costume – Beat the Challenge Tower to #300. If you have good timing and range, you can beat it. The AI can’t handle cross-over jumps.
The below video guide uses Scorpion to get Mileena’s 3rd alt costume, and the combo he does after the Spear is (Forward+Y, X, A). You can use any other combo you like that does more damage. The reward for clearing the Challenge Tower is Mileena’s alternate costume, her 3rd one. I skipped some of the other challenges, and in fact you can skip this last one if you have 50,000 koins.
1) Goro – You should focus on building your meter with Goro. He taunts a lot so you get a lot of free chances to do damage. Jump to avoid the Ground Pound he does and then counter.
2) Kintaro – Use your X-ray on Kintaro, but watch out because Kintaro has crazy air grabs, and fireballs that can mess you up. If he jumps up out of the screen, jump diagonally away.
3) Mileena – She has some crazy fast attacks; you’ll want to block and be aware of her quickness and try to find openings. Try to use X-ray on her and finish her quickly.
4) Shao Kahn – If you stay just out of range of this guy, you can beat him. As you can see, I whiff a lot with trying to use the spear and instead punch nothing but air. But my timing was on point, and I was practicing jumping circles around him.
There are no Klassic Kostumes (which were given out by various retailers as pre-order bonuses) found within the Krypt. Hopefully they will be released down the road as paid downloadable content, allowing those who didn’t pre-order the game to get the extra Classic Costumes via DLC.
If there is any information missing from this guide, please let us know and we’ll update it and give you credit!