Dragon Age II thrusts players into the role of Hawke, a penniless refugee who rises to power to become the single most important character in the world of Dragon Age. Known to be a survivor of the Blight and the Champion of Kirkwall, the legend around Hawke’s rise to power is shrouded in myth and rumor.
Featuring an all-new story spanning 10 years, players will help tell that tale by making tough moral choices, gathering the deadliest of allies, amassing fame and fortune, and sealing their place in history. The way you play will write the story of how the world is changed forever.
Table of Contents
- Combat Styles
- Opening Moments
- Combat Intro
- Quest 1: The Destruction of Lothering
- Quest 2: Long Way Home
- Mountain Graveyard
- Hightown Market
- Blackpowder Promise
- Qunari Compound
- Redblossom Special
- Foundry District
- Nice crime you have around here
- Bugger Off!
- Dark Town
- Where Do the Elves Live?
- High Town Market
Index of Dragon Age 2 Guides:
- This Page: Dragon Age 2 Walkthrough
- New Page: Dragon Age 2 Companions Locations Guide
- New Page: Dragon Age 2 Weapons Locations Guide
- New Page: Dragon Age 2 Armor Locations Guide
- New Page: Dragon Age 2 Money Cheat & Infinite EXP
- New Page: Dragon Age 2 Achievements & Trophies Guide
- For Fun: Dragon Age 2 Wallpapers
Dragon Age 2 Walkthrough
Dragon Age 2 takes place sometime after the Blight of Ferelden, as the Darkspawn and other threats emerge to endanger the world again. The story unfolds over the course of a decade as you rise to power and change the world.
The Dragon Age 2 story will be a non-linear framed narrative. You will have unprecedented control over the directions your character goes and the sequence in which the story unfolds.
The game’s developers explain how you can combat in Dragon Age 2. Dragon Age 2 lead designer Mike Laidlaw talks about the two different ways to play the RPG sequel — as an action-RPG or as an RPG with a tactical approach. Or you could always be a renegade and combine both ways.
Your character in Dragon Age 2 will be a legendary figure in the history of Thedas. Not only will you hear people respond to your conversations, but your character will also be fully voiced. You will play as a human male or female of any class you wish: Warrior, Mage or Rogue.
Dragon Age 2 will feature reactive combat, allowing you to take real-time control of your character in melee, ranged or spell combat. You can pause the game to assign tactical actions to each party member, or take direct control of any individual character while the customizable tactical AI directs the others.
These parts of the Dragon Age 2 walkthrough shows the end of the first mission.
The second mission begins here in Kirkwall, the City of Chains. Let’s take a walk around town, then head to the Free Marches.
Heading to the Lowtown Bazaar.
More walkthrough videos coming. We’ll post them as soon as they are available.
Tip #1: How To Earn Money?
When trying to earn money for the Deeproads expedition, be sure to conserve your money and not spend it on equipment at the various shops in Kirkwall.
Avoid purchasing Injury Kits. They will frequently drop from creatures if you fall below 9 of them in your inventory.
Tip #2: How To Get Promotional Items?
The promotional items such as Hayder’s Razor, Staff of the Parthalan can be very helpful in the early stages of the game.
Here’s how to get each Promo Item:
1. Staff of Parthalan – Create a BioWare Social account and sign up for the newsletter.
2. Hayder’s Razor – Complete the Dragon Age II demo while logged in to your EA Account.
3. Hindsight – Visit the Dragon Age 2 website Penny Arcade and click on the “Get your DAII Penny Arcade Belt” then follow the instructions.
4. Ser Isaac’s Armor – Purchase Dead Space 2 on PC/Xbox and follow the instructions on the insert that came with the package or for PS3, simply put in Dead Space 2, sign in with your EA Account and then insert Dragon Age II and sign in with that same EA Account.
5. Fadeshear Sword and Lion of Orlais Shield – Pre-order Dragon Age II at one of the many participating retailers.
Tip #3: Will the Story React to the Decisions Made in Dragon Age: Origins?
Yes. If you import your Origins playthroughs, you will experience the consequences of the choices you made previously. However, this is not necessary to fully experience Dragon Age 2.
Dragon Age 2 is set in the same world as Dragon Age: Origins, and you will cross paths with many of the same individuals and groups that you encountered before.
Tip #4: What Is The Quickest Way To Finish The Story?
If you want to just progress the story, only look to complete the main plots that appear in your journal.
Tip #5: What Rumors?
Items listed under ‘Rumors’ in the journal offer insight into quests that will come up later.
Tip #6: How To Access More New Missions?
If you cannot access a mission that is listed in your journal, make sure you have the proper followers in your party.
Tip #7: How To Balance a Warrior-less Team?
If you are not playing as a warrior, adding Aveline to your team is a good way to absorb enemy damage and use “TAUNT” to focus the enemy attacks away from your mages and rogues.