1.Use the Penguin Suit and freeze a Piranha Plant that is underwater. It’ll float to the top where you can use it as a platform to reach this Star Coin.
2. Freeze an Urchin and use him as a platform to reach the second Star Coin.
3. At the top of the highest vertical pipe by the exit for the level.
1. Easily visible on the floating barrel.
2. Easily visible, hang from the ledge to get it.
3. Easily visible. Wait on the higher platform, when it drops below, sidle along the ledge. Then simply pull yourself onto the platform below the Star Coin.
1. Easily visible above the item box.
2. Easily visible. Use a Penguin Suit and slide then jump on the water, or use a Mini Mushrom to get it without getting hit.
3. Enter the Mini Pipe as Mini Mario to get this Star Coin.
1. In the second room you’ll find wooden platforms that rise and sink. The Star Coin is hidden on the sixth platform, wait for it to lower and you’ll see it.
2. A hidden area to the right of the door at the end holds this Star Coin in the third room.
3. The third Star Coin is hidden inside the Ghost House’s alternate exit. To get it, you’ll find a door at the base of a lowering platform (just under an Item Box). Once inside the door, you can see the Star Coin near the roof of the room.
1. After the checkpoint you’ll find a P Block on the ceiling. Hitting it disables a number of pipe bubbles spewing ahead. Follow the Blue Coins to a yellow pipe and enter it before the bubbles come back! Now use the Penguin Suit and freeze a Cheep Cheep fish to reach the Star Coin.
2. Easily visible between two green pipes.
3. A straight vertical wall isn’t a wall at all. Run into it and you’ll find the Star Coin inside this hidden area, near the level’s exit.
1. Easily visible. Use the boxes on the conveyer built to reach the Star Coin.
2. Just below the checkpoint, on the right wall is a hidden alcove containing the Star Coin.
3. Easily visible. On the left side of a room with boxes that fall from conveyer builts. Be quick or risk getting squashed.
1. Easily visible. Use Yoshi or Lakitu’s Cloud to reach it.
2. In the sky, some coins above a tree point to it. Use Lakitu’s Cloud to get the Star Coin above or leap off Yoshi from the Palm Tree.
3. Inside a hidden Pipe above a very tall Palm Tree. Use Lakitu’s Cloud and get the Star Coin inside the pipe.
1. Easily visible on the backside of a gate. Use the panels on another gate to switch to the backside, then navigate to the gate that has the Coin behind it.
You’ll find the first coin behind this gate. If you don’t already know, you can spin around to the backside of the gate via any of the panels embedded inside them–you’ll find one both before and after the coin. After flipping behind, you can then navigate to the coin.
2. Easily visible shortly after the first Star Coin. This one is on the floor smashed directly in the middle of two spiked logs that will crush you from either side. Be quick to get this without getting hit.
3. Contained in the Green Pipe below the boss door. Once safe, enter the pipe.
1. Easily visible. Blocked by a flame. Wait until it goes away to get it.
2. A pipe below some breakable boxes holds the second Star Coin. Butt-stomp to bust the boxes, enter the pipe, then jump on the screw to reach the Star Coin.
3. Easily visible but sealed off by a box. Use a Bob-Omb to break the box and grab the Star Coin.
Continue to Page 5 for the World 5 Star Coins!