In Soul Calibur 4′s Tower of Lost Souls you can unlock treasure chests by completing the floors. It’s handy to know that once you’ve finished a floor, you can continue from there without having to start from floor 1.
Next we’ve listed the treasure chest items in order. Take the following steps to unlock each one.
Tower of Lost Souls ascending:
1f – Soldier’s Hat, clear stage while taking no damage
2f – Warrior Trousers, clear stage with no ring outs from either side
3f – Pauldron, switch with ally more than 2 times — Hit the Right Bumper button (RB is right next to the right trigger on your controller) when you’re not attacking or being attacked, to switch with ally.
4f – Warlord’s Belt, perform 3 attack throws — It’s either countering someones attack with a throw, or using a special kind of throw. Most characters have 3-5 different types of throws depending on whether they’re standing, crouching, running, blocking, being attacked, dodging an attack, sidestepping, etc.
5f – Clergy Clothes, defeated an enemy with a ring out
6f – Wonder Jacket, threw an opponent
7f – Warrior Trousers, cleared the stage without missing any attacks
8f – Armor Ring: Ice Mirror, switch characters twice
9f – Scarlett Blossoms, guarded the opponent’s attack 3 times in a row
10f – Silver Boots, guarded the opponent’s attack 10 times in a row
11f – Grim Horn, defeated all enemies with a critical finish
12f – Magus Cloth, defeated all enemies with ring out
13f -Pegasus Sallet, destroy all the walls
14f – Phantom Pavilion: Seesaw, performed guard impact more than 3 times
15f – Submissions Belt, clear the stage using only the A and G buttons
16f – Warlord’s Belt, clear the stage with 0 time remaining
17f – Arm Bandages, execute a 5+ combo
18f – Kouchu Kabuto, stood on all corners of the stage
19f – Longhua Qippo, switch with ally more than 5 times
20f – Life Gem: Sun, cleared the stage with a critical finish
21f – Longhua Qippo, voluntarily performed a ring out
22f – Honor boots, perform more than 4 counter hits
23f – Frilled skirt, guard more than 3 times in a row
24f – Protect Gem: Cardinal directions, Perform a combo with more than 240 damage
25f – Zhuque Changpao, threw more than 5 times
26f – Warthog Cuirass, executed a 10+ combo — Use Cervantes’ crouched AB attack, it should hit a lot real fast and get you a 10+ combo.
27f – Iron Gauntlets, cleared the stage with no damage taken
28f – Aculeus Suit, opponent guarded a guard break attack at least twice
29f – Menghu Boots, switch with ally 5+ times
30f – Spirit Gem: Noniple Heads, clear stage without guarding
31f – Longming Qippo, perform 5+ Just Inputs
32f – Vane Mask, perform a low throw
33f – Battle dress, perform 3 attack throws
34f – Power Gem: warrior Princess, perform guard impact 3+ times
35f – Warthog Pauldrons, clear without switching
36f – Parlor Blouse, clear stage with 0 time remaining
37f – Siren’s helm, defeat all enemies with critical finishes
38f – Gorgon Fauld, defeat all enemies with ring out
39f – Kingfisher Greaves, clear the stage without changing position
40f – Deer Head, execute a 5+ combo
41f – Minotaur, perform 5+ Just Inputs
42f – Demonic Gloves, clear the stage without letting opponents invoke a skill
43f – Repel Gem: Iron Shell, perform an over the back throw
44f – War Cloak, no ring outs either side
45f – Tiger Lily Kabuto, Defeat enemies without using any skills
46f – Butterfly salet, same as above
47f – Succubus Boots, throw 5 times
48f – Life Dem: Jade, Clear stage with a character equipped with the “invisible” skill
49f – Horns of Calamity, clear stage with no attacks missing
50f – Tiger Lily Breastplates, execute a 10+combo
51f – Tiger Lily Fauld, perform more than 4 counterhits
52f – Feathered Wings, clear stage with a critical finish
53f – Blade Ring: Demon Lord, defeat all enemies with a ring out
54f – Leviathan Pauldron, destroy all the walls
55f – Priestess Kimono, perform 3 attack throws
56f – Leviathan Burgonet, perform a combo with more than 240 damage
57f – Voodoo Armlets, voluntarily perform a ring out
58f – Tiger Pauldrons, defeat all enemies without any skills equipped
59f – Voodoo Greaves, guard an enemies attack 10 times in a row
60f – Voodoo Breastplate, clear the stage without switching characters
Tower of Lost Souls descending:
B5 – Dark Knight’s Cloak
B10 – Blade Ring: Raging Thunder
B15 – Lapin Chapeau
B20 – Repel Gem: Fox Demon
B25 – Succubus Gauntlets
B30 – Demonic Armor
B35 – Demonic Pauldrons
B40 – Voodoo Crown
Achievement (Gamerscore points) — How to unlock it.
1. Start of a New Era (5 points): Welcome to the new world of Soulcalibur! — You just need to watch the beginning video from front to back.
2. Encounter with the Unknown (10 points): Fight against Yoda. — You must beat Arcade Mode with Yoda, then you get The Apprectice. Then play Arcade Mode (on any difficulty) with The Apprentice and you will verse Yoda.
3. Pursuer of the Secret (10 points): Pursuer of the Secret.
4. Mystery of the Swords (20 points): Clear Story mode on difficulty: Hard.
5. May the Force be with You (20 points): Clear Story mode with Yoda.
6. War Veteran (10 points): Clear Arcade mode.
7. Hero on the Battlefield (20 points): Clear Arcade mode with over 450,000 points.
8. Legendary Hidden Treasures (20 points): Acquire over 30 treasures in Tower Of Lost Souls.
9. Never Ending Advance (20 points): Descend 20 floors in Tower Of Lost Souls.
10. Tower’s New Guardian (30 points): Clear all upper floors of Tower Of Lost Souls.
11. Scorpion’s Sting (10 points): Win a battle with Critical Finish.
12. Smasher (10 points): Destroy all of the opponent’s equipment.
13. Iron Hammer (10 points): Land an attack on a taunting opponent.
14. Death on the Battlefield (30 points): Perform 100 Critical Finishes.
15. Like a Flowing Stream (20 points): Perform 200 Impacts.
16. Lost in the Moment (30 points): Perform 20 Just Impacts. — To get a “Just Impact” you have to impact right when their weapon hits you. Like a regular impact is you hitting away their weapon before it hits you.
17. Quick Strike (10 points): Perform 5 First Attacks in a row in Arcade.
18. Swift Strike (20 points): Perform 100 First Attacks.
19. Mad Destroyer (20 points): Perform 100 Soul Crushes.
20. Violent Storm (20 points): Perform 50 Wall Hits.
21. 10,000 Strikes of Proof (30 points): Land 10,000 attacks.
22. Endure 1,000 (30 points): Guard 1,000 times against attacks.
23. Water Moon (20 points): Perform 30 grapple breaks.
24. Distance will not Betray (20 points): Reach over 10,000 meters in total movement distance in battle.
25. First Step as an Artist (5 points): Customize a regular character.
26. Chosen by History (5 points): Create a custom character.
27. Sharpened Teeth (20 points): Maximize a style’s level.
28. Equal Skill and Power (20 points): Use all skill points and set up 4 skills.
29. Engraved into History (30 points): Fight 100 times (Online)
30. World Class Fighter (30 points): Fight against 20 different fighting styles (Online).
31. World Traveler (30 points): Fight on all stages (Online).
32. Gladiator (20 points): Win consecutive Ranked Matches (Online).
33. Unknown Swordsman (20 points): Win 10 times (Online).
34. Hero King (30 points): Level up to 20.
35. Divine Punishment (20 points): K.O. with an Unblockable Attack.
36. Reversal Wizard (20 points): Win 20 times with low HP.
37. Phoenix (10 points): Win with all equipment destroyed.
38. Wandering Assassin (10 points): K.O. opponent with over 20 types of weapons.
39. Repel All Blades (30 points): Win perfect 30 times.
40. Numeric God (20 points): Measure the two passages of time and win. — To achieve this just play a match, and finish it so that the last two digits in the “Time Remaining in a Victorious Battle” fight counter are equal to the two last digits in Total Play Time.
41. Two Cannot Exist Together (20 points): Exhaust each other’s power. Just get a double KO.
42. Gathering of the Best (20 points): Complete Chain Of Souls.
43. Observer of Souls (30 points): Collect all illustrations in Art Gallery.
44. Sword Hunter (1(5 points)): Collect all weapons for 5 characters.
45. The Controller (20 points): Get Soul Calibur (Final Form).
46. Wild Run to Tragedy (20 points): Get Soul Edge (Final Form).
47. Looter of the Battlefield (20 points): Collect all accessories.
48. Wandering Weapon Merchant (20 points): Collect 350 pieces of equipment.
49. Tower of Gold (20 points): Acquire over 1,000,000 gold.
50. Transcend History and the World (50 points): Acquire all weapons and equipment.
* Unlock Advanced Equipment by achieving 20 achievements.
* Unlock All weapons for a character by clearing Story mode with that character.
* Unlock Animal Head Equipment by achieving 25 achievements.
* Unlock Basic Equipment by achieving 5 achievements.
* Unlock Intermediate Equipment by achieving 15 achievements.
* Unlock Leviathan and Voodoo Equipment by achieving 30 achievements.
* Unlock More Equipment by achieving 10 achievements.
Big thanks for the tips Austin, Kurt, Dashing, George, Jacob, o.o, Jheric, Qegola, Nintendragon, Justin, Jon, doomsDave, SC4MASTER & Msxbox!