NBA 2K9 is coming in 2009 for a release on Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Playstation 2 from developer Visual Concepts publisher 2K Sports. The game features Kevin Garnett on the cover due to The Celtics historical championship win over the L.A. Lakers.
So what are the new features in NBA 2K9? Check them out in the list below.
* Shot Stick Advanced: The revolutionary Shot Stick control system takes it one step further, allowing you to change your shots in mid-air.
* Adaptive AI: Adaptive AI will read, react, and adjust in real time to your strategies. Your teammates will initiate cuts, picks, and post-ups based on how you handle the ball, while your opponent modifies strategy to fit the pace of the game.
* The Association 2.0: The BEST just got even better. With NBA.com, you’ll have access to all the latest rumors, trades, scores news stories and more, plus new features like Player Personalities, Ambitions, and Player Roles, a plethora of customizable options, and NEW mini-game drills make this is the deepest and most robust Franchise mode on the market.
* 2K-HD: Drastically improved facial and skin textures, better uniforms, improved eye movement and more realistic crowd reactions bring the game alive like never before.
* All-New Broadcast Team: Analyst Clark Kellogg and sideline reporter Cheryl Miller join color commentator Kevin Harlan to create one of the most knowledgeable broadcast teams in the game.
* Better Replays & Cut Scenes: End each quarter with enhanced, multiple angle replay highlights, and be rewarded like never before with all-new, true-to-life celebration sequences after you capture the NBA championship.
* NBA 2K Online Features: 2K Sports’ industry leading online service gets all-new features like 5-on-5 Multiplayer mode with Total Team Control and a new ranking system–from Bench Warmer to Rookie to Pro to Superstar–that shows you how to match up against your opponents.
* 2K Share: Create, upload, and share rosters, sliders, and even players created with the all-new Player DNA feature. This also includes the newly revamped Reelmaker, where you can now direct your own digital video highlight reels and post them on 2KSports.com or your personal web page for all the world to watch and admire.