UEFA EURO 2008 is the officially licensed game of the UEFA championship that features realistically modeled players and all official stadiums. The soccer game has you take on the challenge of leading one of over 50 European national teams from qualifications right through to a virtual reproduction of the championship tournament and hopefully the glory that follows.
System: PSP, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Mobile
Release dates: April 18th 2008 (EURO), May 19th 2008 (USA)
Save: 656KB minimum
Developer: EA Canada
Publisher: EA Sports
UEFA EURO 2008 features the world’s best players and teams and all of the official stadiums that will be part of UEFA EURO 2008. Take on the challenge of leading one of 53 European national teams to glory as UEFA EURO 2008 recreates all of the drama and excitement of the official tournament in Austria and Switzerland. Play as your favorite country from qualification right through to a virtual reproduction of the championship tournament.
Take on the challenge of conquering Europe in the new European Campaign mode. Navigate the interactive map to overcome objectives and challenges to see if you have the skills to dominate Europe. Think you are the best? Now prove it!
From the moment you step on the pitch, UEFA EURO 2008 gives you complete control over all of the action. New manual controls enable you to dictate the play with control over through-passing and crossing. Control the goalkeeper in one-on-one situations to deny the striker yourself. Plus, experience the thrill of the best players elevating their play when the game is on the line with all-new Critical Moment AI.
Intelligently prepare for each specific opponent using new custom formations. Design your own unique strategy to create the perfect formation and tactics. Assign roles and move players to the exact position in relation to teammates to undermine the opposition.
UEFA EURO 2008 captures the look and feel of the journey from qualification to the finals with rain and mud dynamics that impact playing conditions, real-time player ratings that change based on player performance, and a penalty kick mode that re-creates the elation and agony of a penalty shoot-out as if you were on the pitch. Experience the thrill of scoring the goal that sends your country through to the next round and then choose how to celebrate it with all-new interactive user-controlled celebrations. Captain your country, play alongside your heroes, and inspire them to championship glory.
Watch the UEFA Euro 2008 launch trailer.
So what are UEFA Euro 2008’s main features?
* Win UEFA EURO 2008 — Compete as one of 53 teams from qualification right through to a virtual reproduction of UEFA EURO 2008 in Austria and Switzerland.
* Conquer Europe — Navigate the interactive map to overcome objectives and challenges to see if you have the skills to dominate Europe. Think you are the best? Now you can prove it!
* Critical Moment AI — Experience the thrill of the best players elevating their play with the game on the line with all-new Critical Moment AI.
* Dynamic Rain— Winter weather from across Europe is authentically re-created to simulate real-world playing conditions. Experience driving rain that creates sloppy pitches and dramatically impacts passing and player performance.
* Authentic Stadiums — Compete in all 8 official stadiums of UEFA EURO 2008 with authentic day, dusk and night time lighting conditions.
* Team Managers — Watch reactions from team managers on the sideline as they shout encouragement or become disappointed in your team’s performance.
* Custom Formations — Design your own unique strategy to create the perfect formation and tactics. Set each player’s exact position in the formation, and assign specific attacking and defensive runs.
* Manual Controls — Dictate the play with manual controls for through-passing and crossing. Use the Pass Pulse to covertly call for the ball when playing with friends on the same team. Control the goalkeeper in one-on-one situations to deny the striker yourself. Use the right-stick to quickly switch to the exact player you want to control when defending.
* Dynamic Player Ratings — Real-time player ratings change based on actual player performance, simulating the momentum swings of a real season.
* Sticker Book — Collect your favorite players and unlock new game features in a virtual sticker book by completing objectives and challenges.
* Soccer IQ — Test your soccer knowledge inside Quiz mode featuring thousands of European Football Championship related questions.
Watch UEFA Euro 2008 gameplay footage of Italy VS. Germany.
As a conclusion lets rate UEFA EURO 2008 on its fun-basis.
FUN FACTOR – 8.0
Lots of game modes to play and adjust. A new game mode called Captain Your Country will put you on the pitch, earn the captaincy of a team and truly inspire your country to glory. You’ll also be able to celebrate your success on-field through interactive celebrations that will add to the pageantry and atmosphere of the event. Gameplay is king here, because you have to keep moving, think about your next steps, take ‘em and pass to shoot at the goal like the pro soccer players do. Overall UEFA EURO 2008′s gameplay is slightly improved over FIFA 2008′s. Probably the most fun is that the game is actually out now with all the official teams and stadiums in anticipation of the real-world UEFA EURO 2008 tournament which begins in June in Austria and Switzerland.
Graphics – 8.0
The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game boast superior graphics over the portable PSP version, but this is still one of the best soccer games so far this generation. The next-gen comes from the beautifully detailed in-game look and the realistic true-to-life modeled players that are animated very smoothly. Too bad there’s sometimes a bit of slowdown.
Audio – 8.0
Expect some great play-by-play talk from the commentators. Crowds react very well to what’s going on in the field. Good variety in the soundtrack.
Ingenuity – 8.5
With a heavy focus on realism and attacking play, while making sure the A.I. players put up a hard defense, EA still made themselves a casual soccer game that makes you to think like a real player. A.I. isn’t always perfect though, I’d be nicer if the goalkeeper caught the ball instead of parrying it back to the other team so much. Although the game does make scoring easier than in FIFA 2008, because of the power ground passes giving the game its own style and in general making the ball play feel lighter.
Replay Value – 7.5
With all UEFA EURO 2008 players to choose from it’s a great soccer simulation. The single player tournaments and other modes should last you ages. The 2-player multiplayer mode should add some replay value for the soccer fanatics. This is a great way to tide you over until FIFA 2009 is released later this year.