Turok’s developers have said that they designed the dinosaurs to give a sense of horror and uniqueness, and drew inspiration from zombie and monster movies. As a result the T-Rex’s portrayal in the game has double the bulk of an actual T-Rex in order to exaggerate its composure. Dinosaurs are a big part of the gameplay, because they don’t pick sides, they’ll hunt you for food, to them it doesn’t matter if you’re battling with an enemy or not.
Here’s a list of so-far confirmed creatures in the game:
* Dromaeosaurus — Small, big-eyed raptors. Possibly juvenile Utahraptors;
* Lurker — A fictional dinosaur created for the game. It is a cross between a dinosaur and a jungle cat in appearance;
* Tyrannosaurus Rex;
* Juvenile Tyrannosaurus Rex;
* Utahraptor — Apparently there are different types of this dinosaur or male, female and juvenile versions;
* Giant scorpions;
* Miscellaneous giant insects;
* Miscellaneous sea serpent boss;
* Other herbivores — Some dinosaurs like these are harmless;
* Giant carnivorous plants.
Here’s an in-depth look at Turk’s re-envisioned first-person franchise. Enjoy The Making of Turok: Awakening The Giants. Yes, plenty of dinosaurs footage including the mighty T-Rex.