This action-packed, arcade-style third-person shooter equips players with an extensive arsenal of diverse weapons, pilotable vehicles and loyal teammates in order to defeat a wide variety of attackers ranging from gigantic ants and spiders to robots and monsters standing more than 20 stories tall. Earth Defense Force 2017 lands players on the front lines of an onslaught of extraterrestrial invaders, with non-stop swarms of hundreds of enemies on screen at once.
Gamers aren’t alone. Not only do they have more than 150 weapon variations to choose from – including assault rifles, rocket launchers and flamethrowers – but they have the support of AI-controlled Earth Defense Force teammates who battle beside them throughout the game. Players can also join forces with live teammates in local co-op mode and battle together.
Take control of battle tanks, armored mechs, attack helicopters and hover bikes to help complete your mission. Fighting within a wholly destructible environment where bridges, skyscrapers and other structures can just as easily be destroyed by friend or foe, players can either save their world or demolish it in the process. With more than 50 missions to complete and a seemingly endless barrage of attackers, the Earth Defense Force has their work cut out for them.
For a budget title, this shooter can be a lot of fun… as long as you take it in small doses at a time. Check out this Earth Defense Force 2017 video review.
Earth Defense Force 2017 features include:
* Players will face off against a wide variety of attackers ranging from giant ants and spiders to robots and monsters standing more than 20 stories tall. With non-stop swarms of literally hundreds of enemies on screen at once, these chaotic battles are like nothing you have ever played.
* You will be armed to the teeth with an array of 7 types of destructive weapons with more than 400 variations – assault rifles, rocket launchers, flamethrowers, grenades and more.
* Engage the enemy in more than 50 all-out battles. Battle alongside your EDF squad through city streets, underground caves, coastal zones and more to repel the alien attackers on all fronts.
* Take control of battle tanks, armored mechs, attack helicopters and hover bikes to help complete your mission.
* Though the odds may seem impossible, you are not alone. Fighting by your side are your AI controlled Earth Defense Force teammates. This crew of soldiers will fearlessly charge into battle and assist you throughout the game.
* Join-up with a friend in co-op mode and work together to battle your way through the alien swarms.
* As you battle the alien invaders stray shots will bring down skyscrapers, bridges and other structures.
To quote the video review: “Most of the action is on-foot, and honestly, it’s the best action. You’ll eventually come across a tank, a helicopter, and some type of mecha, but they all control horribly. You’ll be happy to leave them behind and continue on your merry way. Even if your dude looks like he suffers from a botched hip replacement. That’s really EDF in a nutshell. It’s shallow; it’s fraught with glitches and presentation issues; and it’s just plain fun.
Earth Defense Force 2017 is a bit similar to Crackdown. The sum of its parts doesn’t really equal anything outstanding. In fact, it’s downright crap in some ways. But when you actually play it, you’ll find yourself coming back for more…even if you’re not totally sure why. Don’t be fooled: this game won’t last you forever. In fact, it’s best taken in small dose, but those doses sure are a blast.”
Story — 6.8
Design — 6.1
Gameplay — 7.7
Overall — 7.3